Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It was a fabulous convertible day here in Ontario with sunshine and 87. . So we decided to take CURVEN8R for a nice drive along the shore of Lake Erie today. It gave us a chance to give the new GT4 Short Shifter a bit more of a work out. It just makes shifts a bit crisper and that "just right" feeling. My wife likes it better than the stock shifter too.

We stopped for a picnic lunch along the shore. A guy with a Harley came over with a big grin and said, "Man I love your car. Does that thing have a 12 cylinder?" Obviously he didn't know a lot about Porsches, but he appreciated the car. So we chatted a bit and I gave him a bit of information about the car.

I think it's fair to say that, although your car is royalty, it ain't no 'garage queen'.

How many km's are currently on the clock, Gman?
It must be royal, since based on the photo's it seems to travel with no people in it. eye popping smiley

Caveat Emptor on Guenter's expensive silver shaft....please!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
It must be royal, since based on the photo's it seems to travel with no people in it. eye popping smiley

Caveat Emptor on Guenter's expensive silver shaft....please!

.....hmmmm to me it really looks as if the car is parked. Here in Canada, the wheels on cars spin when they're moving. Hope this isn't another SoFL thing.

Based on the test drive you took. What did you find you liked/disliked about the short shifter, Gary?
Hope you don't think I'm spinning wheels to suggest, once again, that your voluminous photo album of your car by itself, sans human beings, is a bit odd. You, your beautiful wife, the biker guy, anybody.....

I enjoy a short shifter, but not the suggestion that cutting 2 cm off the shaft is a 'gotta have' mod, worth well over $400 + shipping +....approaching a thousand bucks.

While is is your math that fabricated your miles driven, remember not many of us can just go on happy rides to nowhere seemingly every other day. Especially when you have it locked up six months a year.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Roger987
I think it's fair to say that, although your car is royalty, it ain't no 'garage queen'.

How many km's are currently on the clock, Gman?

Thanks Roger. Yes, CURVEN8R loves to be driven.

It has just under 24K miles on the Odometer in just over 2 years. (That's apparently 5 weeks as they measure it in SoFL).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login