Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My wife and I like to explore undiscovered roads and small towns. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in SE Virginia so we took a ride to Franklin, about 40 miles to the west. Franklin was pretty much devastated when International Paper closed down the local mill a few years ago. The mill recently reopened with a much smaller workforce but the town is still struggling.

Beautiful looking car, Vince. The blue and tan is a rich looking colour combination. Looks like you had a perfect day for a drive.

I agree with you. The Boxster is the perfect car to explore "the roads less travelled". There's nothing like topless driving to be able to enjoy the scenery.

Thanks for sharing.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Right. One always finds people in towns whose economy has fallen apart really dig our expensive imported sports cars.
JackintheBoxster
Right. One always finds people in towns whose economy has fallen apart really dig our expensive imported sports cars.

That has been my experience, as well.

It is that resilience, the optimism, the 'never say die' attitude which built the country
I have never had a negative reaction when we visit small towns all over the country. There are some great folks out there!
I cheerily give them as much time as I can. In 9 years of having the 986, and 3 more with the 981, only once, about a year ago did I get a negative reaction. It was some jingoistic xenophobe who scowled and said I should've bought American. My ready reply is when we build American, as in how we became the greatest country on Earth, I'll buy American. Years ago Ford advertised with the slogan, "Quality is job number one." Problem was, they apparently put all their capital into advertising bs instead of actually building quality cars. And to this day, most every American design has at least some aesthetic superfluousness in an attempt to disguise its blandness and lack of harmony.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 12:16AM by Laz. (view changes)
Wow! That's one beautiful car Vince. This entire week has been great driving weather here in VA...especially in a Boxster. cool smiley

Have not been through Franklin in several years. Glad to hear Int'l. Paper is back.

Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login