Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
New Contest !!!
Roger987 - 8 years ago
(Burg, I hope you're sitting down for this one.)

Today, the deal was signed and sealed.

In a few weeks, there will be a new (to me) Pcar in my driveway, to succeed my much loved and much missed 2005 987

So.. the contest. Starting today, for one week, you're invited to take a stab at guessing the car. One guess per member.There will be prizes, for first, second and third.

Try to guess everything, model year, the interior and exterior colours, engine, transmission, equipment, wheels, electronics and performance stuff, specific optional features.

Hints:

1.(this is a BIG ONE) It isn't silver.
2. It is a more recent build that its predecessor, and indeed, does not have an IMS.
3.The window sticker shows 13 options with prices opposite them, some of which are described as a package. Try to guess each of those 13 options. Points are given for right options, taken away for wrong options.
4. (another BIG One) I'm known to be thrifty.
5. It has many (but not all) the options I'd want in a perfect world, and one or two I could take a pass on. But, then again, see #4 above
6.Guenter's been in my ear (and very welcome, I might add), throughout this process. Needless to say, he's excluded from this contest.

Bonus points - 1/2 point for each of the first 5 accessories I've already ordered.

Have fun.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 01:15PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Congrats Roger, its about time. Have to put my thinking hat on for this contest. Give me a couple of days and I will nail it. Can't wait to pick up the winnings and of course to finally inspect your new dream machine.
An exceptionally smart choice for replacing both your beloved sports car and estate in one!

Burg Boxster
An exceptionally smart choice for replacing both your beloved sports car and estate in one!

Scott, given that was obviously a joke, your one crack at guessing the identity of the CAR remains intact.

So, step up to the plate and give it your best shot.. smiling smiley

I actually found this car in Canada, and no it didn't originate in the states...

And one more hint - a new one in he US, optioned identically, lists at about $86k, plus dealer charges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 09:23PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Roger, I promise not to give anything away, but I don't think that people will believe you actually found a Porsche with white wall tires and sideskirts.
Congratulation Roger on your new Boxster.smiling bouncing smiley

I am sure this transaction will cure your withdrawal you have been suffering this summer.

I hope the next time you are visiting Guenter, you fine P Folks will ping me and we all can marvel in everything Porsche!

I can't wait to see what you selected.

Well done Roger!!!

MIKELLIG
Pictorial Hint
Roger987 - 8 years ago
To get the ball rolling, here's a pictorial hint. (Note, the photo was taken in the shade.)

Re: Pictorial Hint
MikenOH - 8 years ago
Roger987
To get the ball rolling, here's a pictorial hint. (Note, the photo was taken in the shade.)

Hmmm--red calipers (BS?) 20" wheels--keeps those hints coming,Roger.
Ok, Mike, here's another...

There are more than 4 buttons beneath the shift lever. winking smiley
must say, I like the rims already - good start Roger, also "S" designation is not to shabby at all.
I thought you might, Richard. You'd mentioned you'd given thought to having your silver wheels painted grey. Obviously, I can't lay claim to having 'ordered' these, but I think I'll like them. winking smiley

So, between you and MikenOH, you've identified a few features....
let me add a few more options you chose

PDK -moody smiley
PAS
PASM
573 2-zone automatic AC
615 DVD navigation North America
670 PCM navigation module
640 Sport Chrono Plus
844 Multifunction steering wheel
342 Seat heating
Porsche Exhaust - not to forget the sound needed when downshifting

How am I doing so far??

not sure about the colour - I'm working on it
Richard's Guess
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Well, if I tell you how you're doing, I think that may undermine the contest somewhat. winking smiley

I CAN tell you your guess is the best (and only) one so far. But your submission isn't complete yet...
You've thrown about so many clues that people should be able to get the contest perfect. Only thing that's still a mystery is the VIN. grinning smiley

Better let people know when the deadline for contest submissions is or you're going to have to cough up for at least a half dozen first place prizes. That alone could eat up your first year's fuel supply. eye popping smiley
Another wild guess
MikenOH - 8 years ago
Went to the configurator and created this:
[www.porsche-code.com]

2013 BS
-Manual tranny
-GR (is there another color ?)the finger smiley
-20" Carrera S wheels
-PASM
-18 way adaptive seats
-Full leather in black
-Infotainment + the Burmeister audio
-PSE
And other stuff....

The GR is probably wrong, but wasn't sure what else it might be other than GTS--which is pretty rare.

The only thing I'm sure of is that you got the manual.....I think...

Regardless of which options and color, you will love this car.
BLKBOX Guess
BLKBOXS - 8 years ago
Roger,

Since I know you and G Man have very similar tastes in Porsche models and options ... I will guess the following:

2014 Boxster S - given
Black - Color doesn't really matter...because you going to get it painted GT Silver eventuallygrinning smiley
Black interior
20" Carrera S wheels - Platinum Satin
6 speed
Sports Chrono Package
Sports suspension
Sports exhaust
Sport steering wheel
Navigation with Bose
Convenience Package
Vented seats
PTV
Power Sports seat Package

MIKELLIG
Just a wild guess, I'm probably totally wrong, lol.

2014 Cayman S
Sapphire blue
Black interior
2-way sport seats
PDK
PASM
Sport chrono
Sport design steering wheel w/paddle shifters
Bose surround sound system, but no PCM navigation

I can't wait to see the official unveiling & pictorial debut, hopefully soon!

Regards, -rick.
2014 Cayman S
Sapphire Blue
Black interior (leather interior + leather seats)
20" Carrera S wheels
PDK
PASM
Sport chrono package (w/dynamic transmission mounts)
Sport seats 'plus' (w/2-way power)
Infotainment package with Bose surround system
Premium package (Bi-xenons, PDLS cornering, dimming mirrors w/ rain sensor, 2-zone AC, heated seats)
Multifunction steering wheel

Whatever the ultimate spec turns out to be, I'm sure the car will be absolutely stunning!

Regards, -rick.
Interesting guess, Rick. Certainly more detailed. Clearly you gave some thought to my updated 'hints'. smiling smiley
In my initial post, I mentioned the window sticker lists 13 options, with a price opposite each. (I added the 'price' reference because 3 of the items listed in the sheet show a $0 price.

Of the 13 priced options, 3 are each described as a 'package'.

For those of you who have already offered a best guess (Mike, Rick and Richard) feel free, without penalty, to update/revise your guess to take into account this additional info. smiling smiley
'cause Gary knows what people want. And, since he probably has an inkling of what the first place prize is, he doesn't what to give anything away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login