Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
As some of you know, my Boxstering has been somewhat limited of late.

- 3 kids.

- Hip replacement

You get the idea.....

Well, I had a two day business meeting in Roanoke, VA. I would typically fly. But flying means. NY to Charlotte (jet), Charlotte to Roanoke (turboprop). Usually, the flights take around 6.5 hours. Then I have to rent a car....

The drive took just over 7.25 hours. It was a beautiful jaunt down I-81 in the Shenandoah valley.
The Boxster is just such a pleasure to eat up miles in. I will do the drive again soon.

Oh - and BTW - saved the company several hundred dollars in travel expense. 500 miles on 1.5 tanks of gas. ( I didn't keep mileage, but that is pretty damn good).
For an interstate, I-81 has great vistas. Heavy on the truck traffic, though. The downside is usually VA State Police cover it like a blanket with radar. Did you take I-64 to I-81, that way you get into the PA "mountains," as well, and avoid lots of the NYC and Jersey sprawl. A bit longer, but much more peaceful.
Great drive in good weather, which I believe you had. Beware of the absolutely insanely worst rain and fog that can occur in baaad weather.
Sounds wonderful...

What % top down?

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
On Monday, there was torrential rain through WVa. Then absurdly humid - so top stayed up.

On Wed, the temp was around 80 and went down into low 70's - actually ran the heat fro the last bit.
Nice, very nice thumbs up

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I did 225 miles on mine this week. Weather was great out, so used it to commute to/from work a few days. It's growing on me again.
I expect your carbon profile improved vs flying too

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login