Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
As some of you know, my Boxstering has been somewhat limited of late.

- 3 kids.

- Hip replacement

You get the idea.....

Well, I had a two day business meeting in Roanoke, VA. I would typically fly. But flying means. NY to Charlotte (jet), Charlotte to Roanoke (turboprop). Usually, the flights take around 6.5 hours. Then I have to rent a car....

The drive took just over 7.25 hours. It was a beautiful jaunt down I-81 in the Shenandoah valley.
The Boxster is just such a pleasure to eat up miles in. I will do the drive again soon.

Oh - and BTW - saved the company several hundred dollars in travel expense. 500 miles on 1.5 tanks of gas. ( I didn't keep mileage, but that is pretty damn good).
For an interstate, I-81 has great vistas. Heavy on the truck traffic, though. The downside is usually VA State Police cover it like a blanket with radar. Did you take I-64 to I-81, that way you get into the PA "mountains," as well, and avoid lots of the NYC and Jersey sprawl. A bit longer, but much more peaceful.
Great drive in good weather, which I believe you had. Beware of the absolutely insanely worst rain and fog that can occur in baaad weather.
Sounds wonderful...

What % top down?

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
On Monday, there was torrential rain through WVa. Then absurdly humid - so top stayed up.

On Wed, the temp was around 80 and went down into low 70's - actually ran the heat fro the last bit.
Nice, very nice thumbs up

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I did 225 miles on mine this week. Weather was great out, so used it to commute to/from work a few days. It's growing on me again.
I expect your carbon profile improved vs flying too

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login