Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
From what I can tell by searching the net, for 981's with PCM, it appears that an iPod can placed in the glove compartment and connected with some sort of cable. Is that the correct?

If so, is the cable a Porche specific part or a standard Apple cable with a USB connector on one end and the fancy connector on the other?

Apple cable:

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 12:55PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Roger987
From what I can tell by searching the net, for 981's with PCM, it appears that an iPod can placed in the glove compartment and connected with some sort of cable. Is that the correct?

If so, is the cable a Porsche specific part or a standard Apple cable with a USB connector on one end and the fancy connector on the other?

Apple cable:

Thanks

Well, if you have a Short Shift, you can definitely use the standard Apple cable that comes with the iPod if you have PCM.

On the other hand, if you don't have a Short Shift, the standard Apple cable will also work with PCM. And, yes, it connects in the glove compartment in both the 981 and 991. At least according to the Manual. winking smiley
hmmm... is there are short shift kit for PDK?

grinning smiley
Yes......
Harvey in FL - 8 years ago
Roger987
hmmm... is there are short shift kit for PDK? grinning smiley

Just leave the shifter in auto and don't use the paddles. the finger smiley
has male 3.5 MM connectors on both ends so I can plug one ens into the aux jack and the other end into my phone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login