Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This past Tuesday my friend tracked his 911. Note the high part of the track way up on the hill. The only true straights are short ones that are mostly the zigzags going up. The long front "straight" is actually bow shaped with an up/down hill Turn 1 past the image's left edge. Those cars are on the last of many turns. There's not really any place for the drivers to "relax." The place is still very much under construction, but will be really nice once there's curbing and better run-offs. The whole circuit is sided by concrete barriers.
Beautiful setting. I always love the "traditional" race tracks with curves, elevation changes and green country side. Not much forgiveness at this one if you enter a corner too hot.
Google, Apple maps, and the PCM gps have trouble locating the actual track. They might put you in the town of Palmer, which is apparently south of the Mass Turnpike (I-90) whereas the track is actually north. There's a dearth of places to stay or eat decently within a few miles, too. The Copper Lantern motel is about the closest, but is a bit externally shabby, although the rooms are decent, if with a hint of cigarette smoke odor. For meals, look for Teresa's, a nice traditional Italian place that's been around for a long time and owned by a family from the old country. The confirmation that it's good is there's Amarone on the wine list. Another place near the motel that looks really nice, but as it was Monday and not open is the Salem Cross Inn; just a tavern & restaurant, though, apparently not an "inn" inn. Just down the road from the track is a Dunkin' graphical rip-off called Dippin Donuts, albeit with comparable quality. No breakfast sandwiches, however.

Oh, be sure to gas up before going to the track, as it doesn't have a fuel station. There's a gas station near Dippin that has race fuel if you want it. The donut place is at a road fork with one road leading directly to the track, so if anything, put that into your GPS or whatever to get your bearings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 09:06AM by Laz. (view changes)
I'm behind (work, work) but i drove it Friday --> Sunday. I LOVE it (maybe not so much int he wet, but we had spectacular weather). True, there's basically no runoff, but somehow the nature and flow of the track makes me comfortable that a little prudence will go a long way. Of course the fastest guys have no prudence.

Its an alpine road, with no cops and no oncoming traffic. Incredible elevation changes, and nothing prepares you for how tight the turns are. Its really tight!

The track operates very well too - friendly, efficient. That said, the facilities are all works in progress (gravel, no running water, no air, no, well, anything)

I'll have a video or two up soon.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login