Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Not a lot of new info here but it's interesting to hear the Porsche engineer's thoughts.

[www.evo.co.uk]

Also, I knew the fuel economy was better but I didn't realize it was this good.

Carrera: 0-60: 4.2 sec, 38.2 mpg
Carrera S: 0-60 in 3.9 sec, 36.7 mpg
This article states that within 10 yrs, all BMW models will be electric/hybrid. At least Porsche is still producing conventional engines, although since the regular 911s will now be turbos, what are they gonna call the Turbo 911?...

[m.nasdaq.com]
Different tests, different results.
But good news is that it's even faster 0-60, as those quoted times are for 0-62! Lol
I believe those fuel economy figures were taken from an earlier article that was discived to be incorrect due to an EU liter conversion. It is a lot more than a 10% improvement.

Here's a short video on the new 991.2: EVER AHEAD

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
I believe those fuel economy figures were taken from an earlier article that was discived to be incorrect due to an EU liter conversion. It is a lot more than a 10% improvement.

Nice video--and the exhaust note (what I could hear) didn't sound to bad.

Not like this one eye rolling smiley:
[jalopnik.com]
MikenOH
Gary in SoFL

Nice video--and the exhaust note (what I could hear) didn't sound to bad.

Not like this one eye rolling smiley:
[jalopnik.com]

Well with that Jalopnik sound, I know my stereo would finally be getting some use and I'd get about 50% longer life out of my rear tires. eye rolling smiley

In the Porsche produced video, they need all that background music. sad smiley

...then, wonder what the phlatulent four is going to sound like ....sigh.

Hey, what am I worried about. cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario
Hey, what am I worried about. cool smiley

Could it be that GT Silver is now a $700 option? winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
For what it's worth, a friend of mine was at the Hockenheimring a few days ago where some 991.2's were present, and he described the sound as "glorious". Always hard to tell until you hear it in person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 04:27PM by Crooster. (view changes)
... now because it's still a flat-6.
Wait till they chop off two cylinders.
Have you been to a Formula1 race lately?
No glory in that sound.
Not even close to being a symphony in flat-4.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... now because it's still a flat-6.
Wait till they chop off two cylinders.
Have you been to a Formula1 race lately?
No glory in that sound.
Not even close to being a symphony in flat-4.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Just try going to the Porsche configurator (where I presume they have the optimal sound) and compare the engine sound of a 981 S and 991.2 S. The 991.2 sounds more muffled, even though according to some information out there, Porsche has lightened the exhaust system on the new 991.2. Maybe the turbo muffles the sound some?

Formula 1. I used to be a huge fan and have watched it go down hill over the past number of years. The final straw came with the first race with the new engines, I kept checking my stereo system because I thought there was something wrong because I saw cars and heard sewing machines. It seems like an F1 race is all about:
  • Qualifying
  • tire preservation
  • driver ability to adjust all the electronically controlled components (AKA video game)

Happy Porscheing indeed, for those of us lucky enough to be driving NA flat sixes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login