Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What is a new top going for these days on an 05?
AND, it seems that THE BOSS has decided that she likes "her" car and probably would not be driving the Boxster, so a MANUAL is not out of the question cool smiley ,
opens a whole new field.
Also when is the IMS change to the "better" bearing 06? Is there a cutoff date?
So many cars for sale, I've seen some nice ones and some cars that to call them a dog would be an insult to dogs...
I believe later in the build 06 987 the IMS was changed.

Happy hunting.

MIKELLIG
Starting in '09 you don't have to worry about the IMS, period.
See below
grant - 8 years ago
What is a new top going for these days on an 05?
--> depends what's wrong. Fabric only? < $1k. maybe $750. Check in your area.

AND, it seems that THE BOSS has decided that she likes "her" car and probably would not be driving the Boxster, so a MANUAL is not out of the question cool smiley ,opens a whole new field.
--> Nice

Also when is the IMS change to the "better" bearing 06? Is there a cutoff date?
--> no specific date that i know, later 2006 production.
--> Also, the new "better" bearing CANNOT BE REPLACED. It does not fit through the cover hole. So its a mixed bag.
--> Honestly, if you are worried about it, its better to replace and DOF a pre-2006 car

So many cars for sale, I've seen some nice ones and some cars that to call them a dog would be an insult to dogs...
--> my dog was beginning to growl

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: See below
dak911 - 8 years ago
Keeping my fingers crossed on one I saw yesterday....offer made, owner had a flight out right after I saw the car
2007 Base, Manual, 25,000 miles, original owner, new Michelins, Brakes, service records, This car looks as if it never spent a night out of the garage!
I hope to get an answer today and then I'll get further into it on info.....I do not want to jinx the deal..
Daniel smiling bouncing smiley
IT'S MINE!
You know when you go to look at a car and the owner opens the garage and EVERYTHING is in place and NEAT, you kinda' get the feeling that this car will not even have to be test driven
Basalt Black metallic/ Tan, 18" "S" wheels, PPA package, whatever that is and a Sport Steering wheel.....23,000 miles !!
I'll have it as soon as the owner gets back into town, next week sometime.
Serviced in December at Champion, new brakes, brake flush Michelin Pilot Sports, new battery (huge bill)
He has a 2013 that he is bringing in to replace the 07!
So now what IMS Guardian?
Is there a way to get SIRIUS from an o/e stereo unit?
Fingers crossed that this deal doesn't fall apart!! grinning smiley

smiling smiley (cool smiley smiling bouncing smiley
dak911
IT'S MINE!
You know when you go to look at a car and the owner opens the garage and EVERYTHING is in place and NEAT, you kinda' get the feeling that this car will not even have to be test driven
Basalt Black metallic/ Tan, 18" "S" wheels, PPA package, whatever that is and a Sport Steering wheel.....23,000 miles !!
I'll have it as soon as the owner gets back into town, next week sometime.
Serviced in December at Champion, new brakes, brake flush Michelin Pilot Sports, new battery (huge bill)
He has a 2013 that he is bringing in to replace the 07!
So now what IMS Guardian?
Is there a way to get SIRIUS from an o/e stereo unit?
Fingers crossed that this deal doesn't fall apart!! grinning smiley

smiling smiley (cool smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Sounds like a great find.

Are you having a PPI done?

Surprised that the brakes have been replaced at 23K miles already. You should be good to go for quite a while then.
Since the owner went to Montreal 1 1/2 hours after I saw the car, and we had a little more back and forth re $$ by email, I can only hope that he will keep the deal going, he is going to email me a contract.
If not, oh well, more cars to see.......
doesn't fall apart. Not guaranteed, but possibly enforceable. Congratulations!

Post pics when you get it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login