Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
...I made the mistake of taking this on a test drive. I had forgotten what a joy these are. Maybe Mary and I will be at BRBS in 2016.
Great addition! Feel free to post more pics when you have a chance. Enjoy your gorgeous new ride to the fullest!

Best regards, -rick.
It's about as base as a base Cayman can get. It is an honest car that was a daily driver since new. It is a ONE owner with a good service record and clean Carfax. However, it's not pristine has plenty of chips and a few scratches, although from 5 feet it looks super. This suites me just fine as I don't have to worry about that first scratch, bump or chip. It was driven in Winter and it has winter tires on it now which I think I'll keep mounted as I plan to USE it.

It has 87K miles but with one owner doing it all I'm ok with that, along with it's relatively low price well under $20K. Oil/fiter change tomorrow belt change too. Record show plugs were replaced at 38,000 miles but no record of any belts. It was auctioned in May and the dealer I bought it from used it all summer and it just showed up on his performance car lot about 2 weeks ago.

I had no intent to get rid of the Bullitt but....................

More pics to come.
Looks like you had a GREAT weekend, Dennis. Welcome back to the world of permagrin.

Would love to see more pictures and more info about options.

Enjoy the new ride.
I get my Dennis's mixed up.

Is this engine-explosion (pardon my French) Dennis?
nobox
I get my Dennis's mixed up.

Is this engine-explosion (pardon my French) Dennis?
Yes 2 IMS failures out of 3 Boxsters.
what's it replacing?

think I recall a 370z and a Mustang filling part of the gap
Wow Dennis, I never ever thought I would see you back.... wow. Congrats.

You now own "the" car. That is the best car in the Porsche line up. I am serious about this.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Congrats Dennis! Welcome back, and drive her in good health!
of the car.
Most excellent. Happy travels with it, and have fun modding it to your liking. If ever passing by NNJ, swing by and we'll take a drive!
... welcome back!
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: another view
MikenOH - 8 years ago
Best of luck with it, Dennis.

Just out of curiousity, how is it this car tempted you to get back into the fold, given the problems you've been through in the past?
Congratulations, Dennis. That is a fine choice for an all-around car. Keep the Bullitt and enjoy them both. I assume there is no IMS in this Cayman?
for you again. Glad you did not stay away too long. Now you can do the hill climb in style. Enjoy in good health. smileys with beer thumbs up
Mer, it has lots of warts BUT the underside is dry, the oil filter is clean, the brakes are new, the wheels have no rash and the interior is excellent. There are however hundreds of chips especially on the hood and front bumper. It was a daily commuter in Jersey. The good news it was the same owner and Carfax has a complete service record, mostly at Princeton Porsche. There are scratches too but no door dings.

The good news is I don't have to obsess about the 1st chip, ding etc. From about 5 feet away it looks good.
Give me a few days to settle in & if you care to we can meet up for a drive.

Regards,

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login