Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
First Settlers Region PCA held their second DE event of the year over the weekend. Both events this year have been at Virginia International Raceway (VIR). I really like this venue, especially the "Full Course". At 3.27 miles it has 2 long straights (3000 feet and 4000 feet), 130 feet of elevation change and several challenging corner complexes. My son joined with his base Cayman. FSR provided excellent instructors; a great, very well run event.

The first photo is of me coming out of the Oak Tree turn onto the back straight. The second is of our cars in the South Paddock. I am totally and absolutely impressed at how these cars can be fun in any circumstance, commuting, backroads touring and attacking a great race track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 03:20PM by Vince. (view changes)
VIR is no doubt a fantastic track, especially after they widened it.
I miss the oak tree and we'll have to wait about 100 years before the "Son of Oak" is as big as it's dad.
I hope it wasn't as hot a a month ago when the air temp was 106F.
BTW that pair of blue bullets look really good!
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I thought the tree was diseased or something like that, but my instructor said the oak tree was taken down under pressure from the ALMS (now part of Tudor). Seemed odd to me since there was substantial armco around the tree and the tree was on the inside of the turn.

The temp was hot on the 19th, but cooled over the weekend. Monday morning was very wet until around 10:00AM and in the mid-60s.

We call the two cars "the twins"smiling smiley
Fraternal...
Burg Boxster - 8 years ago
but glad you love 'em equally ;-)
Re: Fraternal...
Vince - 8 years ago
Appropriate since my wife and I have fraternal twinssmiling smiley
Looks like you had a great day to enjoy the "twins". Great looking pair for sure.

...and completely agree with you that these cars are extremely versatile. People are often amazed at how much you can pack into them for a trip. Fun on the twisty back roads. They're good for commuting, but just seems like waste if you have to inch around in traffic. And, of course, if you love the sunshine, fresh air and cruising under a starry summer sky, it's fantastic to be able to drop the top.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login