Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
G-man Jinx?
Burg Boxster - 8 years ago
Anyone else afflicted by G-man's jinx post from last week? winking smiley

In past seven days I've had now not one but TWO tire punctures!!!

First hit - early last week, after reading G-man's winking smiley, was a 2" bolt almost center tread. Big ole fender washer on end so definitely an automotive part.

Second - sometime before butt-crack of dawn yesterday... though didn't suspect so at first.
Landed early evening yesterday and get to my DD at offsite parking only to find TPMS light on. Tires all look ok but hand gauge indicates driver rear (plugged one from other day) off by good margin. Think to myself, "odd... decent sized puncture no doubt but plug was sufficient. Never had one fail... let alone only after a few days". Quick visual and decide good enough to proceed home where not only will I have better tools but can also toss on jeans instead of mucking up trousers, loafers and a dress shirt. Thinking, rather hoping, it's just a temp change issue and compressor had really hot air (account for drastic pressure drop...) I figure I'll find and test plug. Hmmm... tests fine. Just as I'm about to pull wheel... low & behold I spot, not far away from recently installed plug and just over 1" in from sidewall, another object. This one I was able to R&R easily w/ wheel still on vehicle.

The G-man hits:

Second culprit:

at some point looks to have been a 12 or 16 penny... wish it had stayed as such sad smiley

Any more plugs and I'll need to get this tire re-balanced grinning smiley Barely 1-2/32 left in wear on the rear pair so oh well - not long for 'em anyhow.

Odds are amazing though so only explanation plausible is referring to incident as "The G-man Jinx" grinning smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley

Just kidding buddy - hope Canuck Turkey Day was good and your tire travails are also behind you winking smiley
Sorry to hear about your deflating experience, Burg. Looks like trying to stretch a penny can have disasterous results.

I hope that's it for your tire problems.
PS - Keep your cold air up there, please smiling smiley

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
A $5 bill......."really"

PS, I voted DID YOU
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login