Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hi,

I had the top service position just because I wanted to learn how to access the engine of my newly bought 03 Base (thanks, Pedro!).

I noticed the wiring harness for the rear glass window defroster was unplugged and dangling free. Figured maybe I mistakenly unplugged it. But on closer inspection I noticed the soldered-on connection was missing from the glass. I looked all over and under the car to see if I could find where it fell, but nothing. I'm thinking maybe it had been missing all along.

Now the question is - is that part even available to purchase or am I going to have to fabricate one myself and re-solder? I looked online in the usual places, but all can find is the actual wiring harness.

[i989.photobucket.com]

Maybe you guys in the south don't use the rear defrost much, but we need them in NE.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Gary
For, for anyone interested, I found the solution to my defroster issue - the Frost Fighter Tab Bonding Kit. Used it today and it worked like a charm!

[www.frostfighter.com]

If you need to buy a tab like I did, make sure you get this one - 2310-WJC Uni-Clip Defroster Tab (1) - $5.95. It says fits Toyota, Honda and Nissan. I took a chance as it visually looked like the best match to fit the 986 wiring harness. Fit perfectly.

Follow the instructions carefully, and have the patience to use a blow dryer on you repair spot for 30 minutes to cure the silver epoxy. Whole job took about 45 minutes. Now, I have to begin Phase 2 of this project - once I got the electrical connection fixed I found out that the middle 4 grid lines don't work. That means I'll be buying the grid line repair kit.
using masking tape as a stencil.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Yes, a magnifying glass will definitely help as those grid lines are pretty small. I think the grid repair kit comes with pre-cut masking strips. I hope I have a steady hand!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login