Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
"Enough with the waxing already; let's go!"

Wow!...I just now noticed that there are no more bumperettes on the new Boxsters! Looks clean, and nice color you picked out. Only thing I would have preferred Porsche left off is the second third brake light. Looks very different from my old 986...

And yes, stop polishing and start driving!

Sometimes mistaken for back-up lights are the turn signals which split the left and right tail lights. Although they appear to have a clear lens, they are red when lit.
Does it double as a third brake light and a reverse light? From below, it looks like it's a brake light too...
[www.planet-9.com]
In the photo in the link you posted, the left and right brake lights are lit, as well as the (higher) centre brake light, and the in-spoiler centre light which, in my 2014 981, operates primarily as a back-up light. But as Laz and Guenter note, that in-spoiler back-up light can also be used as a rear fog light.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:12PM by Roger987. (view changes)
And see the body text of my "Exactly…" post as to the operation of the rear (red) fog light.
The middle light under the 981 spoiler is a combo backup light and the bright red is the rear fog light.
Back-up light by engaging reverse, of course.
The rear fog by turning the lighting switch to the full on position and then pulling it outward.
It comes in handy when someone is tailgating: Flip the headlights on manually (sometimes this alone makes the follower back off as it turns on the taillights,) and then you can pull the switch out to activate the fog light. It isn't always effective, but the general driving public is conditioned to perceive a bright red middle light as a brake light. One advantage of doing this is you're not actually slowing down, so there's less of a road rage factor. It's a fairly dazzling LED, so it can be optically irritating to the follower without them being "enraged."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:09PM by Laz. (view changes)
Thanks, Bill.

The colour varies considerably, depending on the light, and viewing angle. Fortunately, I like all the shades. smiling smiley
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:19PM by Laz. (view changes)
Variations
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Evening

Direct sunlight, sun behind photographer

Direct sunlight, same location, different angle

Overcast

Sunny day, but photo shot looking into the sun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 10:24AM by Roger987. (view changes)
your car with a shot taken into the sun. winking smiley
Looks great, Roger.
Not sure about PEI, but our Boxster driving seasoning seems to be coming to a quick close with the dropping temps; snown flakes on the w/e?
Having said that, we've had a glorious fall for driving here.
Thanks, Mike
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Yes, Sept/Oct have been exceptional. Hibernation is just around the corner. Maybe a few more drives left, but soon time to change the oil, pump up the tires, fill the tank, and put it to bed for winter hibernation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 10:28AM by Roger987. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login