Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Spain!!!!! Aaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhh!

The ship left Emden Germany on 10/15 a day earlier than scheduled and is due to land in Jacksonville on 11/6. I thought that was a long time for an Atlantic crossing and now I know why. Looking at the ship tracker, it is due to arrive near Valencia Spain on 10/20.

For a brief moment, there was a gllimmer of hope that delivery could be done much earlier than the scheduled date of 11/13. I should have known that the German systems would never be that far off............
I sense that you're getting a little more excited. winking smiley

Yes. The ships will make a number of stops to drop off cars.

Happy waiting.
Oh yeah! Hoping we have a little warm weather left after it gets here.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley
… DE student with a 2015 GTS at Sebring.
Obviously the instructor MUST drive the first three laps to make sure everything is safe and to show the student the correct line.
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! ….. I mean, everything is fine. The student may drive his own car now.
Happy GTS'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 01:29PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Oh Yeah!!!! That's the whole idea!

The ship is in Valencia Spain. Next stop............ Halifax Canada on 10/31! Grrrrrrrrr!
jg atl
Oh Yeah!!!! That's the whole idea!

The ship is in Valencia Spain. Next stop............ Halifax Canada on 10/31! Grrrrrrrrr!

Hey! We Canucks want our Porsches too. grinning smiley

After Halifax, it will probably head for NJ and then on to JAX FL. Since they do manage to put more than 2 or 3 cars on those car carriers. winking smiley

You're just lucky that it doesn't have to go through the Panama Canal first. Then, you'd probably be stalking the ship like one waiter in California did. winking smiley
Yep, that is my guess too, and maybe even stops in Charleston or Savannah or Brunswick too as I expect there are more than just Porsches on the ship. Scheduled arrival in JAX is 11/6, and my guess is that they have an appointment at the dock at that date and time. Of course if it arrives in Halifax on 10/31, that doesn't allow too much time for too many stops.

Initially I thought following the ship would be kinda fun. With all the stops it has turned into an annoyance. However,it is like watching a train wreck - can't take my eyes off of it!

Yes, very glad that I don't have to stalk the ship going through the Panama Canal. Each day it is a little closer now. Scheduled to be at the dealer on 11/13.

tick.....tick.....tick.....tick.....tick
jg atl

tick.....tick.....tick.....tick.....tick

Yup. Time seems to slow down, or so it seems.

Usually, the ship isn't in a port too long. I think the one carrying my car was in Halifax just a few hours and then on its way again.

Just don't panic when the ship suddenly disappears once it gets out into the Atlantic. I don't recall exactly, but it was off the grid for 4 - 5 days, then suddenly reappeared off the coast of Newfoundland.

tick......tock.....tick.....tock.
An exciting time though, no? Like waiting for XMAS morning. Except you don't know exactly when XMAS morning is winking smiley
I don't have any idea where the ship is that has my car. Can't do anything about it anyway. All I know is the dealer e-mailed yesterday and said it would be @ Niello Porsche where I purchased it by Thanksgiving.
ff42racer
I don't have any idea where the ship is that has my car. Can't do anything about it anyway. All I know is the dealer e-mailed yesterday and said it would be @ Niello Porsche where I purchased it by Thanksgiving.

If you're tracking the ship with marine.com, it should reappear just off Newfoundland about 5 days after it disappears from the grid.

Happy waiting. I sounds like you'll have lots to be thankful for. smiling smiley
I have no idea what ship it is on. And yes I do have a lot to be thankful for. I have a lot of friends and family supporting me. I have has a rough year. I am a little apprehensive about the Sapphire blue as i have never had a blue car and blue was not my wife's favorite color.
ff42racer
I have no idea what ship it is on. And yes I do have a lot to be thankful for. I have a lot of friends and family supporting me. I have has a rough year. I am a little apprehensive about the Sapphire blue as i have never had a blue car and blue was not my wife's favorite color.

Your dealer can tell you what ship your car is on. Dealers have access to that information. Then you can track it using marine.com. The ship disappears from the grid while it's mid Atlantic.

I'm sure you'll love Sapphire Blue. It's another one of those colours that really changes with the lighting conditions. This one was at BRBS.

and another angle.

Happy waiting.
I saw that pic from BRBS too.....wow! Stunning! I bet it doesn't show fingerprints as much as a darker color, such as my old Midnight Blue Metallic.
Hey, just who is putting fingerprints on your car????
......I decline to answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself or spousal unit.
Yep, your dealer can tell you the name of your ship. Mine is on the Delphinus Leader and it should arrive at Halifax tomorrow. It is due in Jacksonville on November 6. I have no idea if there might be an intermediate stop in somewhere like New Jersey or not. Who knows, our cars might be on the same ship! My car is due at the dealer on 11/13. The dealer should also be able to provide you with the Porsche tracking system information about when the car was manufactured, when it will arrive in what port, and when the dealer will be invoiced. My dealer just emailed me a screen print of the tracking system today to keep me informed of progress.
My dealer tells me I will have the car by thanksgiving . Mine will have full leather Luxor Beige interior. I stayed with the standard boxster s wheels as I will change them out to a set of HRE ff01 in Gloss Silver. Ordered WAY to many options. Got the PDK because of a health issue. Has a 6 speed ordered but became disabled before the car came in. O well.

The ship has left Halifax and next stop is NYC! This is taking for-ever. Way too many stops!!!
jg atl

The ship has left Halifax and next stop is NYC! This is taking for-ever. Way too many stops!!!

That schedule timeline looks about the same as mine did. It's not the number of stops. It's how long it sits at each location. If it's left Halifax, that's only 4 days to Jacksonville, including stops. Then it sits in Jacksonville for a week before it ships out to the dealer.

Looks like only about 2 weeks now, 14 days, 336 hours, 20160 seconds ....tick, tock, tick, tock....

Happy waiting.

FWIW, it will be worth the wait.
I am on the west coast. The ship has to go a lot farther than you east coast guys.

Got the car from Candy Beck @ Niello Porsche. She is a pleasure to deal with. She put up with me not being able to take delivery of the first car I ordered because of a disability that occurred from the time I ordered the car and it came in. The first car was a 6 speed. In the end it will be a 6 month wait from the time I ordered the first car. They tell me right before or after Thanksgiving.
Heard from the dealer today. Car is in San Diego getting its pre delivery inspection. Fingers crossed next weekend. If not then it will have to be after I get back from New York. Taking my serviving sister in law for her 60th birthday present.
If the dealer is already doing the PDI, you should be able to pick it up any time after that. PDI only takes about 1/2 day, including cleanup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login