Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I started to get an occasional random blowing of my horn, especially if I braked a little hard. It would blow for a few seconds and then stop. This also can happen when I go over speed bumps in the road.
Anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing this and how I can fix it.

Joe
Inside the steering wheel a spring has collapsed thus allowing contacts to touch. Common, simple, cheap parts. Be sure and disconnect the battery before you go in there, an airbag can kill you.
Mike
Where can I find instructions about getting to the broken spring to replace it?
Horn blowing when braking fix:

[m.youtube.com]
Boxtaboy
I did this horn blowing repair using the #31 orings on the airbag support plate and it worked perfectly, no more horn blowing. The only hard part was finding and loosening the two torque screws accessed from under the steering wheel. They were very tight so I had to use a visegrip on the 19 mm torx screwdriver in order to loosen them. Thanks again for the video
Glad the video helped. I haven't experienced this problem yet, but it's good to know it works as a fix!
relatively easy, but took me a couple of tries to get the tightness of the bolts correct when re-attaching the airbag part. 1st time to tight, 2nd time to loose, 3rd time did the trick.
having stuck a business card in between the space at the top as a temporary "fix"...three months later, STILL have not gotten around to doing the "permanent" fix :-)
Replaced the frame the first two times. This time I'll try the gumpucky trick.

I know I can fix the worn rubber spacers. Looking less forward to investigating my increased oil drips, low coolant level, check engine light and airbag light. But I've had the top down for the past month and simply love this car, so she will be fixed!
see the youtube video above to fix the horn by using 4 #31 orings on the airbag support bag. It works great!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login