Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
One somewhat awkward feature of 981 Boxsters is the gap(s) between the folded top and the body. The top on mine, has been down pretty much since the spring, and although the car is garaged, it spends enough time outside to have fall leaves make their way into the gaps, mostly near the fenders, but also along the middle. As it was chilly enough this morning to put the top up, I first noticed bits of debris on the big inside horizontal panel. (Easy enough to see by looking down through the rear window.) Looking farther along the sides, down into where the top cables are, I saw more leaves. It was tricky working a vacuum cleaner hose in there, but worth the effort. The picture below is blurry, but will give you an idea of where to look.
Driver's side, seen through the rear window:

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I should look more carefully to see if there are drainage holes at the bottom (below) the top. With its different design, there doesn't seem to be much chance of water getting in with the top up, but you never know. It could happen if some left the top down and it rained.

I have vacuumed some leaf bits out of the shelf behind the roll bars. It's a challenge, along with trying to get in to clean the inside of the rear window.
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2015 05:21PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login