Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
VIR
grant - 8 years ago
I just returned (2am) from our season finale - 3 days at VIR. Long drive, but sooooooo worth it. Overall, we won on every count. The weather was slightly warmer than usual (no frost in the morning!), and jut gorgeous Friday and Saturday. Sunday it rained, but i made lemonade out of lemons by facing my demons. I was one of three people who hired/shared a pro coach ( the Chief at VIR) for the weekend, so we went out and played. By the end of yesterday i had slip or outright slides/drifts on nearly every corner - at speed, allowing me to exploit 90-95% of the car's potential. For me that's a big event :-) I had a less than good experience int he rain once.....

Its sooooo fun hounding and passing GT3RSs on hoosiers in a Boxster on streeties.

Bill Foster, the coach, is terrific by the way. Highly recommended. He's a real work-horse and will truly dedicate the day to you, --- in car, out of car, over beer ( after driving of course).

Maybe some video to follow. Unfortunately, my gopro filled up before the last run in the rain when it all came together ( open track will do that). Had to come in for fuel too!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... I love running in the rain.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sometimes having tread is good!
Sorry I missed it this year.

Nice that the weather mostly cooperated-especially with the lack of frost in the AM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login