Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Somewhere there are some suggestions for removing the decals on the sun visors....I did it on my 2000 but cannot remember what I used.
IIRC it wrinkled the plastic of the visor, it took a day or so tand it came back to normal, it looked perfect afterwards
"To add insult to injury" they are in FRENCH as the car is a Canadian one....(not that there is anything wrong with that, as the saying goes)
I think people recommend denatured alcohol. I personally never removed mine cause it doesn't bother me that much.
boxtaboy
I personally never removed mine cause it doesn't bother me that much.

So when you're driving, you're not looking at the sunvisor? What the heck are you looking at then? winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario
boxtaboy
I personally never removed mine cause it doesn't bother me that much.

So when you're driving, you're not looking at the sunvisor? What the heck are you looking at then? winking smiley
I'm looking at my cellphone of course! Just kidding! The road! smiling smiley
Guenter,
Since my car came form Montreal all the first few years repair orders are in French also (and the Speedometer)
dak911
Guenter,
Since my car came form Montreal all the first few years repair orders are in French also (and the Speedometer)

Yes. Was just kidding about the need for a dictionary. smiling smiley And all Canadian speedometers are in km. Good thing you have the digital speedometer set to read in mi. (at least I imagine you do). Otherwise, the traffic on the Interstate will be flying by you when you're cruising along at 100. smiling smiley
I did the removal on my 981 and it came out great. Never know they were there. I covered the decals with a paper towel soaked in 90% IPA for 20 minutes. The decals then came off in one piece. Next I removed the "ghosting " left from the glue with Goof Off. The trick is to use a cloth towel and lightly rub the area. The visor will wrinkle a little when doing this but will tighten back to normal in a few hours. Mine took about 5 hours.
On my '00 Boxster S, I finally solved the problem by picking up a pair of Boxster-specific Porsche leather sunvisors from Gert at Carnewal and replacing the originals altogether, lol. He's based in Belgium, and they were a bit pricey, but the cool leather visors are a precision fit and they match the full leather interior in my S very nicely.

This is probably not very helpful, lol. smiling smiley

Hope you're enjoying your new ride!

Regards, -rick.
… Je peux m'en occuper
I mean, I can take care of that.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
dak911
[snip]
"To add insult to injury" they are in FRENCH as the car is a Canadian one....(not that there is anything wrong with that, as the saying goes)

Close, but no cigar. winking smiley

The stickers are in French because the dealer ordered a car with stickers (and owner's manual etc.) written in French, rather than English.

The only Canadian province with a large French speaking population, and a Porsche dealership (several, in fact), is Quebec.

The other provinces are predominately English-speaking, with the exception of New Brunswick, which has large French, English, and bilingual populations, but, alas, no Porsche dealership. Cars delivered in all those other provinces (Guenter's, mine, and countless others) have English stickers and manuals.

I'd recommend the following product for your airbag stickers, available, incidentally, from a fellow Canadian, who lives in Newfoundland (English speaking, but, again, no Porsche dealership:

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 02:23PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login