Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
How do they get the oil and suspended crud to drain to the top of the engine?
Yup, that's the part that baffles me. The box looks far too small to contain a crankshaft.winking smiley

Speaking of oil changes, I don't know if it's a product of the 9x1 engine design, or it being a 3.4 rather than a 2.7, but the oil filter is really tucked away, quite a reach from the bottom of the engine, and is barely accessible by hand. But, it IS accessible, just not nearly as easily as on my 987 2.7, on which I could change the filter simply by driving up on two stacked 2x10's and then sliding beneath the car. The 981 requires jacking the rear end up high. Once under there though, there are lots of beautiful bits of design to admire.
… since the manufacturer will control the (sealed) cells.
Goodbye Indys sad smiley
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I wonder what, if any, negative impact there would be on center of mass. (Consider the 1972 911's oil tank being mounted at the front in order to improve handling.) Perhaps center of mass might actually improve, as the engine itself can be mounted lower.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login