Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Permagrin Renewed!
jg wnc - 8 years ago
So here are some pics of the GTS unwrapped. I took these with the iPhone and will haul out the DSLR tomorrow and take a few more with a polarizing filter. These will do for starters:

And the specs:
Exterior - Mahogany Metallic (brown with a hint of red)
Interior - Espresso Natural Leather
Top - Brown
Shift - 6 speed manual (love the auto blips on downshift)
Suspension - X73 Sport Suspension

Other options (the GTS didn't need many):
Heated and ventilated seats
20" wheels
18 way adaptive sport seats
Infotainment with Nav
Porsche enter and drive (keyless entry and start)
Sport design steering wheel

Initial impressions: Awesooooommmmmme!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! The sport suspension is not as rough as I was expecting. I drove over some plates in the road where there is some road construction going on, and it was hardly noticeable. Love the sport exhaust. In Sport+ mode it crackles and burbles like a mad bull. Wow. After driving a Boxster S with Tip for the last 13 years, I had no trouble getting the 6 speed groove back. Found myself double clutching almost instictively. Then I started playing with downshifts and noticed the automatic throttle blip happening. WOW!!!!!!

It has been a long wait, but well worth it. I am very glad that I jumped before the turbo 4 happened to the Boxster.

Did I say "WOW"? WOW!!!!
jg atl
So here are some pics of the GTS unwrapped. I took these with the iPhone and will haul out the DSLR tomorrow and take a few more with a polarizing filter. These will do for starters:

And the specs:
Exterior - Mahogany Metallic (brown with a hint of red)
Interior - Espresso Natural Leather
Top - Brown
Shift - 6 speed manual (love the auto blips on downshift)
Suspension - X73 Sport Suspension

Other options (the GTS didn't need many):
Heated and ventilated seats
20" wheels
18 way adaptive sport seats
Infotainment with Nav
Porsche enter and drive (keyless entry and start)
Sport design steering wheel

Initial impressions: Awesooooommmmmme!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! The sport suspension is not as rough as I was expecting. I drove over some plates in the road where there is some road construction going on, and it was hardly noticeable. Love the sport exhaust. In Sport+ mode it crackles and burbles like a mad bull. Wow. After driving a Boxster S with Tip for the last 13 years, I had no trouble getting the 6 speed groove back. Found myself double clutching almost instictively. Then I started playing with downshifts and noticed the automatic throttle blip happening. WOW!!!!!!

It has been a long wait, but well worth it. I am very glad that I jumped before the turbo 4 happened to the Boxster.

Did I say "WOW"? WOW!!!!

OK, so tell us how you really feel. grinning smiley

Have to agree with every one of your impressions. the combination of the new chassis, along with the X73 suspension is really amazing.

I believe the automatic throttle blip happens only the Sports Plus mode.

I hate to say ....OK, I'd love to say, I told you so. cool smiley You were going to LOVE this car. You've picked all the right options (according to my tastes, anyway.) Just be careful with that PSE. It will really eat your rear tires. winking smiley

Congratulations and enjoy (as if I have to tell you to do that. grinning smiley ) It's a beauty.
Very big congrats, JG. It is an absolutely *phenomenal* looking car!! The paint is strikingly unique and beautiful, and I love the leather interior, too. Have fun with it, and I hope you enjoy many happy and rewarding miles!

Best regards, -rick.
... you did good, jg.
Happy GTS'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Looks great, but they put your steering wheel on upside down. Maybe it's the southern hemisphere one, but then wuld it be on the other side?
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
WOW, awesome looking car, nice colour. I really like how the espresso interior looks. You will have a blast driving this beauty.thumbs updrinking smileysmileys with beer
Metallic but I ended up getting Agate Grey instead. The Mahogany Metallic color is great with the brown top. The interior photo you posted makes the seats look almost grey but any other photos I've seen on line clearly show look Espresso Natural Leather as being brown which looks great and goes well with you top and exterior color. It's all good.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Well Done..It looks great and those options are perfect.smiling smiley

Now get out there and drive!!!

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login