Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
When grocery shopping I reuse the plastic bags. Today I picked up a ready-made croissant-egg-bacon-cheddar sandwich. I sniffed the bag after taking the sandwich out, and detected a trace of the food odors. Usually what I do with any bag like this is to turn it inside out so as to let it air before putting it back into the front trunk. After a while, if it retains the odor, I'll toss it. Anyway, my point is, aside from the obvious of not keeping odor-permeable food containers in a car, I recommend be careful of anything that already held food. If you've recently handled food, wash your hands before handling the steering wheel and other controls. Hey, them mice have some schnozzes!

These are things to consider all year, but I was thinking of those who store their cars for the winter, and/or drive them infrequently.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 11:57AM by Laz. (view changes)
fly home. I will teach your car how to be properly driven on the track at Sebring. During the spring break, fly back, spend a week on the suncoast and drive home in your properly broken in trained tracked car. Your car will never forget the experience it had on the track with me.

BTW: I am now an instructor with PCA at Sebring.
Roger987
n/t

This gets offered up every once in a while but I really wonder if it works. Seems to me creatures that crawl around on the ground under the house in the garbage might think the dryer sheets smell like heaven.

Besides I'm against anything that the mice have to come into contact with *in* the car to then drive them out. A car makes such an attractive winter residence I suspect the mice would just move to a distant location from the sheets. It is not like they make a nest in the middle of the trunks or on the floor of the cabin anyway. So the trunk "stinks". They just next on top of the engine and gnaw their way around the engine compartment.
After using the Bounce sheets for a decade, when my car is stored in barns, I think I can safely conclude the sheets don't ATTRACT mice.

They're not expensive (the Bounce sheets), and it's easy to place them in the car. So, on the off chance they might help...

Maybe it's like locking car doors, and placing valuables out of sight. The would-be-thieves might move on to a more promising vehicle. I won't mind if the mice find another location way from my car, where the aroma is more to their liking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 09:31PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Maybe the bounce sheets soften the rodents' teeth. winking smiley
And freshen their breath at the same time! I've been placing Irish Spring soap bars in the car, and it seems to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2015 06:52AM by boxtaboy. (view changes)
Tip 4
Roger987 - 8 years ago
If you have a choice between storing your Porsche in a heated or unheated facility...take a long hard look at the type of heater, and the extent of automatic fire extinguishing sprinkler system, before concluding the former is preferable.

Just saying...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login