Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Is this abnormal?... I thought these batteries had to be replaced after a few years, but have never had any problems with the key.
I think the newer ones might have more demands made on them.

I never replaced the batteries in the keys for my '06 987 during the 7 years I had the car.

The keys for my wife's BMW, which has keyless entry and a start/stop button, we've had to replace the batteries about every 3 years.
Yep, my Boxster has the 3 button one (frunk, trunk, doors). It lasts forever! Wife's ML 350 key battery has to be changed every 6 months it seems with the keyless entry and start/stop button. Pain! Still, 13 years seems very extraordinary for the Porsche key.
boxtaboy
Yep, my Boxster has the 3 button one (frunk, trunk, doors). It lasts forever

***********! Wife's ML 350 key battery has to be changed every 6 months it seems with the keyless entry and start/stop button. Pain! Still, 13 years seems very extraordinary for the Porsche key.

The batteries in our ' 14 GLK350 keys lasted a year, service manager has a drawer full of them, he says that this how long they last..
The technology for these keyless systems is amazing...somehow it will not let you lock the keys in the car, (how do it know)
The auto start/stop....well, that is kinda' unnerving, I usually shut it off....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login