Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have a 2007 3.4L Cayman S. My mechanic tells me that the IMS bearing can only be reached by splitting the case, which seems to me to preclude any (relatively) inexpensive replacement of the IMS bearing or installation of a Direct Oil Feed kit. Is that correct? Thoughts and comments from any of Pedro's staff or members are welcome.
You're half right. To replace the bearing, the case would have to be split. But, it's my understanding that Pedro's DOF can still be installed to lubricate the bearing, once the outer bearing seal is removed.
Roger987
You're half right. To replace the bearing, the case would have to be split. But, it's my understanding that Pedro's DOF can still be installed to lubricate the bearing, once the outer bearing seal is removed.

Ditto
... it gives you a practical option for the "big bearing" cars.

That said there is another vendor's kit that allows you to drill out the crankcase, but that's a big, expensive, and IMNSHO option, risky job.

get the DoF. Nothing lats if not lubricated!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
tomt73
I have a 2007 3.4L Cayman S. My mechanic tells me that the IMS bearing can only be reached by splitting the case, which seems to me to preclude any (relatively) inexpensive replacement of the IMS bearing or installation of a Direct Oil Feed kit. Is that correct? Thoughts and comments from any of Pedro's staff or members are welcome.

2007 987S... are you getting nasty's in your oil filter???

if not...Why worry.

My Lexus mechanic told me to replace my steering rack over 3 years ago (RX330)... I kept checking my PS levels and added when needed...once so far... 1FL OZ

Chill and enjoygrinning smiley

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login