Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My better half used to work for a company that was developing batteries used in electric cars and was more than a little surprised with that figure.
Can't wait to see the details on this.
The only way that would make sense is if the recharging station was a special purpose built item - not standard house current.
though if you're placing bets, I wouldn't bet on it.
( !! ) *NM*
Laz - 8 years ago
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I've already put a deposit down on one. Mine will be loaded, including Sports Exhaust. It's gonna rock!

Guenter in Ontario
I've already put a deposit down on one. Mine will be loaded, including Sports Exhaust. It's gonna rock!

The PSE will shoot sparks out of the makeshift tailpipe. eye popping smiley
Roger987
Guenter in Ontario

The PSE will shoot sparks out of the makeshift tailpipe. eye popping smiley

....um it's not a PSE. It's a BSE. Sparks would ruin the logo. winking smiley
The atmosphere on Mongo makes 'em sound different, so no need to worry.

Also noticed that Flash Gordon doesn't look as futuristic as it used to.
i read that it will only come with PDK. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
... that its PR motivated due to the VW diesel issue.
At least the timing on the announcement of the car which is 5 years away.
I'm sure that Porsche can and will develop an interesting platform that may put a dent into some of Tesla's sales.
If they can pull off the ultra quick-charging claim it'll be a big success.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: I think ...
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Not to sound TOO cynical, but VW was sure it could pull off 'clean diesel', too. Which, of course, it did, but just not on the road.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
of how much juice is in the batteries.

VW has a LONG road ahead of it. LONG and EXPENSIVE.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Here's hoping it's not as crooked as the road on which it's been travelling. sad smiley
that the E will suffer from the same problem all the innovative battery charging dependent cars have. Is there sufficient infrastructure in place when the buyer is choosing to support reasonable use of the cars. I'm not talking about home to the train station commuting but trips like we normally take in the US not every day but frequently enough. I follow the green car forums and frequently post there on the EV feasibility of the trips I really take and how an EV would fare. (NC to DC, NC to Tampa FL, etc) I can take em all with no planning in a Boxster, or a Prius or a Volt. But every time I look at where chargers are placed, how many there are at each location and the time to charge, even the Tesla comes up short and Tesla has already had several years to build out their charging stations. In the case of the Tesla, the car can't take me from NC to Tampa without contortions planning the whole trip around where chargers are, how long they will take, etc. How would it handle the 193 mile detour I had to take caused by the recent hurricane that closed a large portion of I95?

I paid $1.939 for gas today.

Beautiful looking concept car though.
Re: I think ...
db997S - 8 years ago
correct, but if you have a regular car for those longer trips and use this one for day trips, commuting, weekend getaways, trips to your beach home, etc., then it's doable. Telsa updates its nav systems to show charging stations and ways to plan a roadtrip. Telse even had all these grand plans to have stations that would remove your drained battery pack and replace it with a fully charged one. It was supposed to take less time than filling a tank of gas. It was all robotics. Also to help out, many malls now have parking spaces that have recharging stations in them. Innovations throughout history had the same naysayers. When the "horseless carriages," first showed up, they were only for the reach and thought to be a novelty and didn't have much in the way of infustructer to support them--repairs, fuel, etc. Take HD TVs. Plasmas were extremely expensive and heavy. Naysayers complained aobut expense and lack of HD programing. Now, in less than 10 years, they've evolved to thin, light-weight LEDs with more HD programing than people can watch.
perfect target for such a car. Not cost constrained. A frequent early adapter. Lots of car buys in their first year of production. Foreign cars before they were popular in the US. Net'ed before the internet. Home computer before the PC. First user of voicemail in the company. etc. But it has to make sense. The Boxster did because it gave an emotional and precise driving experience. The hybrid did because it was so different to drive. But buy a Tesla which depreciates in 2 years more than either of my Boxsters or my hybrid cost? I invest money, not throw it away (though on days when the market is like today, maybe I should).

Crude just hit a 7 year low today.

I gassed up yesterday to take a friend to a cancer center today, cost me less than $12. Took me 5 minutes to refuel (and that included pee time) at one of a dozen pumps at that station and I passed 3 gas stations in the 5 miles before I got to my favorite. When I finished, I had 600+ miles in my tank.

There are no Tesla recharging stations near where I live, where we went or anywhere on our route. It could have made it but at a cost. I have no interest in driving to find a recharging station, gas stations are everywhere.

As a second car, maybe at <$35k. But then my wife was going off today too in an opposite direction that would barely work.

The horseless buggy could go farther than the horse. And faster. It made sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login