Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
On my 2008 Cayman 2.7, the first time I put the key in and almost every time I hear 2 distinct clicks and the key will not turn. Sometimes it repeats as many as 3 times. Then it only clicks once and is AOK. Of course very rarely it does it fine on the 1st attempt. Am I doing something wrong?
Any difficulty in turning the key I would believe is an ignition switch problem. In this case probably not a problem with the electrical portion but the mechanical portion.

However, as I have mentioned before Porsche techs no longer -- haven't for years in fact -- distinguished between electrical vs. mechanical but replace the entire switch assembly.

But before condemning the lock, let me ask these questions:

Do both keys, the valet key even, manifest the same behavior? I'm thinking maybe the key you are using is worn or not cut quite right, is marginal, and this could account for the behavior.

Does the steering wheel feel as if it is frozen? I sometimes park a car with the wheel turned and the wheel binds with the steering wheel lock which requires me to turn the steering wheel to relieve the pressure so the lock works.
There is really no difficulty turning the key once it only clicks once. I don't know if I'm understood here. The clicks sound like solenoid clicks as though something was moving. So I'm guessing one click is the lock being released and then the second is it being relocked. I only have one key and no valet. I'll try to relieve pressure on wheel, if any, and see what happens.
Marc, with a little more care and after reading start instructions in the manual, the problem seems to have disappeared. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login