Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Recently replaced O-rings on the heat exchanger/cooler inside the engine bay to fix a coolant and small oil leak. Had to disconnect the emission line directly above the exchanger to pull it out enough to replace the O-rings. No more leaks from the exchanger; oil or coolant. Now I get the 2 codes popped at the same time while the car is cold. I can hear the solenoid activating. I've read where you can test a vacuum leak by spraying carburetor cleaner on the lines to hear the idle change.

Any suggestions? I've also read to blow-out the lines from the right front wheel well.

v/r

Dave

2004 Boxster S SE
118K miles
... are related to Evaporative Emissions, and have nothing to do with the coolant vent line.
I don't think they are related, just a coincidence that it happened after you changed the O-rings on the heat transfer unit.
The purge valve inside the right front wheel well is the likely culprit for your codes.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Leak started at the next weak spot unfortunately. I'll pull back in the garage to trace again. Its a slow leak. Car runs great though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login