Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
In the past month or so my car has fishtailed under moderate acceleration turns. Also a couple cases of axle tromp under moderately hard straight-line acceleration. As mentioned previously, the compounds might've gotten cooked in their first season during an extended drive to Alabama where it hit 85ยบ. The first fishtail was on a very tight rural road with hilly hairpins, and the PSM must've engaged because I felt the car momentarily vibrating from selective wheel ABS action. Today, making a lefthand uphill turn under moderate acceleration the car fishtailed. The ambient temperature was 59, and the road was dry with only some salt staining; no grit. Unless something else "latest/greatest" with N-rating proper sizing shows up, it'll be the ContiWinterContact TS830P. The present front Michelin PA4s have another year in them, unless their performance changes by the time they come off, probably sometime in late March or early April.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2016 04:09PM by Laz. (view changes)
I am curious. So how does that work for you when you drive somewhere warmer in the winter? It would seem your snow tires are toast because of it. Will you attempt to go with all seasons in the future? Or would you have three sets; winter for only up north, all seasons if you were to leave during winter, and summer for the rest of the time?
It was, I believe, freakishly warm just the day I got out of Virginia and on to Alabama. I brought with me a "Binghampton, NY Spiedies Balloon Fest" varsity jacket for my friend, who went to the state university at Binghampton, figuring he'd find it sentimental, which he did. He also said he wouldn't have much use for such a heavy jacket, but the next day it rained, was windy, and the temperature plummeted into the 50s, and the 40s that night. Also freakish. Anyway, it's not an annual trip, just opportune at the time. The three tire sets is actually a good idea, but I personally can't justify the expense. Maybe when my "ship comes in."

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login