Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
In addition to our Boxster, we have a 1998 C2S that's all original (except for tires) with only 29k miles on it. That car is driven only about 500 miles per year. The "blue book" valuations indicate that it's worth about $74k, but similar cars that are much less nice than ours are selling into the $90k+ range. Right now, this car is insured along with all of our other vehicles on our regular Liberty Mutual insurance policy. If we have a total loss with the C2s, the most we could get reimbursed would be $74k. This makes me nervous.

I started checking for an agreed-value policy and am having a hard time with their restrictions. Some of them allow "commute driving" within the annual mileage restriction (which I can easily live with)... but all of them are telling me that if we drive this car to the grocery store, we are not covered.

Our car is rarely driven on anything but a pleasure trip; however, I did drive it to work one time in the last four years, and we have rarely driven it on a shopping trip just to prevent it from sitting in the garage so much.

Do any of the fellow board contributors have experience with agreed-value policies? Are there companies that provide coverage if we drive our agreed-value car on a shopping trip?
and will not be used primarily for general transportation. It says no backup transportation or errands. It goes further saying it will not be driven to work, school or used for business or commercial purposes. Timed races are verboten too. I guess I don't worry about it. My main reason for the insurance is if it gets stolen, then pay me. My toy is a 1997 993tt. You'll have to determine if agreed value insurance is worth it. I also have a '16 991 Club Coupe that is worth more than the 993tt but it is on a regular multi-car policy (it's the 4th car on that policy - no kids in the house) and it is significantly lower (great insurance agent) than the price of the agreed value insurance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login