Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
i find it amazing that there are still some people coming back to this board so many years on. Even people from the ppbb days. nice to see!

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
We need Trent...... he was a trip!

I think I first posted on PPBB in 2000, or maybe later 1999. Yikes!!!!

Let's see.... in that time, 197K miles on my 2000 Boxster S (purchased new), and now 76K traveled (26K new to me, now 96K miles) in my '09 C2S.

That is 273K miles in 15 years in a Porsche. That is about 18.2K miles per year.

I wonder how many posts per year, words, words per post..............

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I was under a different handle (maybe db in dc), but my first posts were in 1998. I found the site doing research on Boxsters because back then, they were still so rare, you couldn't test drive them and they had six-month wait lists. So, I ordered mine in May '98 without ever driving one. it then got caught up in the porous cylinder issue. Porsche sent a letter in June, which I posted her, along with a nice silver/red Boxster die cast as a sorry. On my third Porsche now--'98 Boxster, '02 Boxster S, and '09 997 S Cab. I average about 7,500 miles/year, and they've been daily drivers (live four miles from work). Most of the miles are taking the long way to places and road trips.
Hello guys and gals, the only difference is I now post from an iPad otherwise still driving my 2000 2.7
Yes.....
Gary in SoFL - 8 years ago
Practicing law in TX. Still has his 986 and is a proud papa. Time marches on.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Frissen:

Me too. Still driving the Y2K 2.7L Boxster

[google]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r5G-lCx2CXMulZawDARSj6b6olDJVnbvYg/view?usp=sharing[/google]
it's really nice to see so many of the "old gang" still hanging around. I remember so many of you. I think i've seen joanne in OC on here as well as tony in whittier.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 09:26PM by JMstamford,ct. (view changes)
sad smiley *NM*
JM-Stamford,CT - 8 years ago
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 09:27PM by JMstamford,ct. (view changes)
I remember Dario from 6speed and Matt with the cobalt blue boxster
She had bought another Boxster as recently as a couple years ago, but I think she has since sold it.
Meredith and I talk on facebook. No Porsche right now. Her back issues come between her and sports cars.
I miss (1) the old gang and the interesting debates (2) my Boxster S and (3) the big meetings in Vegas in 2000 and for a year or two after that. I really miss Chuck of course.

Life changes. My career has moved on and I'm busier now. Not sure it's wholly good, but that's often what happens when we get older!

Good to see that so many friendly helpful people still exist here.

Thanks to all.

Howard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login