Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The Karmann.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
When the Karmann was introduced in 1955, it was the first car to have curved side windows. Not sure if it was the only car that featured a roof liner when it was introduced in 1957. Karmann Ghias where built at the Karmann plant which VW bought a few years ago and where Caymans are currently being built. Karmann also used to assemble all the VW Beetle convertibles.

My '68

[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
They assembled specialty cars for other car companies. I don't think they every built any cars of their own design. And, yes, they did build a number of different Porsche models.
Back when I was a young Air Force flyer, I had a nurse girlfriend who had a BRG Karmann with a beige top, interior and mag wheels. What a beautiful car, but not as lovely as sweet Maria.

Thinking about it the Karmann was a poor man's 356, just as Maria was a lucky man's Claudia Cardinale.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 09:33AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Gary in SoFL
Thinking about it the Karmann was a poor man's 356, just as Maria was a lucky man's Claudia Cardinale.

That it was. The indy mechanic that used to service my VW's had bought a used KG and transplanted a 356 engine into it. He had quite a bit of fun with that.

Here's one I came across in Sedona, AZ during our California trip in 2009.

I went with Maria when she bought that Kamann. New IIRC, is was $2,500 US, with the mag wheels and leather shift knob. Heck of a long option list. winking smiley

I think the only option available here in Canada was the AM Radio. Price in 1968 was $2995 CDN.
Wow, Claudia... there's a name from the pastwinking smiley

Thinking about it the Karmann was a poor man's 356, just as Maria was a lucky man's Claudia Cardinale.[/quote]
TTLATION
Wow, Claudia... there's a name from the pastwinking smiley

[/quote]

I said it was looooong ago smileys with beer

Great ad....in the Playboy edition of 6/69.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login