Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
In a previous post I mentioned there's no steering lock on the 981. Been meaning to mention the discrepancy between the published 19" winter tire pressure being 32 psi (all 4*) versus what the actual TPM shows for on spec pressure, that being 30 psi. This yields 0 psi on the over/under pressure indicator. This discrepancy might have to do with the early printed publication of brochures, owners' manuals, etc, versus final software settings in production. Another possibility is the US models' settings are different from ROW, and again,not reflected in the literature.

* Same all around strikes me as being a bit odd, but I suppose it has to do with Porsche's extensive real-world testing. If anything, I keep the front winters at 30, and the rears at whatever yields 32 and +1. In other words, favoring slightly higher pressure at the rear.
Laz
In a previous post I mentioned there's no steering lock on the 981. Been meaning to mention the discrepancy between the published 19" winter tire pressure being 32 psi (all 4*) versus what the actual TPM shows for on spec pressure, that being 30 psi. This yields 0 psi on the over/under pressure indicator. This discrepancy might have to do with the early printed publication of brochures, owners' manuals, etc, versus final software settings in production. Another possibility is the US models' settings are different from ROW, and again,not reflected in the literature.

* Same all around strikes me as being a bit odd, but I suppose it has to do with Porsche's extensive real-world testing. If anything, I keep the front winters at 30, and the rears at whatever yields 32 and +1. In other words, favoring slightly higher pressure at the rear.

The tire pressure specs seem to have remained the same, right up to MY 2015. The other thing that's interesting is that all summer tire sizes require the same pressure front and rear. EXCEPT the 19" summer tires that call for 29 psi front and 30 psi back (in the Canadian manual). I wondered about having the same setting for front and back too, when I first got the 981. I wonder if the tire pressure balance change from the 987 has something to do with the differences in the chassis and wheel base between the two models.
It'd be nice if there was more consistency with what's published vs. what the car's electronics are saying.
Speaking of consistency, I never did find a conclusive answer as to what the 981 Boxster S's standard sound system Wattage is, although I believe I've aurally located each of the speaker units. Can't remember at this time; these parameters are of at most, quaternary importance.
1. Performance (very satisfactory)
2. Safety (a given: high confidence in the vehicle structure, stability, etc.)
3. Environmental comfort (ahh, heated/ventilated seats & heated steering wheel)
4. Oh, yeah, there's a radio.
Aesthetics, storage space, etc. ought to be in the list somewhere, but the sound system will always be last.
It could well be that the US and Canadian cars have some different standard equipment. The Canadian spec 2014 981S came standard with Sound System Plus that has 7 speakers and 185 Watts. It still sounds Ok, despite the five or six hundred miles I've put on it.

I still love the sound of the Porsche Stereo Equipment though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login