Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
db997S
They even like the engine note: Motor Trend's Take on the 718

Not to worry. In a year or so, no one will care about the engine sound. A couple of years back, everyone was whining about the e-brake and the steering of the 981. No one cares now. The 718 is an evolutionary change, and a damn good one at that. I love my 2011 S, but it is a vastly inferior car to the 718.
Hmmm... Did someone here suggest that recently. grinning smiley

As for the styling - overall, it looks like a Boxster, and a lot like the 981.

The front end is good-looking, the mirrors are nicer, the steering wheel is improved over the standard steering wheel, and the back end...... umm... not a train wreck, but a tad busy, and do we really need the big PORSCHE billboard? I think not. Not to be catty (well, perhaps a little) maybe Porsche figured that, with the characteristic flat-six sound gone, the billboard would help onlookers identify the brand. Maybe once people are used to the new sound, Porsche car turn down the 'volume' on the billboard.)
db997S
They even like the engine note: Motor Trend's Take on the 718

Sounds like the MT of old--never offend a car maker.

Regarding the thread having comparison of exhaust notes, I rated them this way:
#1--981
#2--the VW with the single exhaust
#3--the 718, sounding like a Subie impersonator
A Boxster with performance better than out 2008 Corvette is worth lusting after. Not that a 718 is in the near future for us.
After reading these articles, I'm feeling I've been "Boxsterless" long enough! smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login