Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
… I am truly excited to make the following offer available just for PedrosBoard members and friends.
It won't be offered on any other Porsche Board.

I've been working on a new and very affordable , easy to use, OBD-II Diagnostic Tool for Porsche.
This tool resets all warning lights (CEL, Airbag, Seatbelt) as well as resetting Brake Wear Light, Oil Change Light and Service Light in all models up to and including model year 2016.
But more than just reset lights it will allow you to see most all parameters and values active in the car. It's like a mini PIWIS in a compact and portable case.

This tool will work on as many Porsches as you want (not limited by VIN) and from the very first one with OBD-II to 2016 models including Boxster, Cayman, Carrera, Carrera GT, Panamera, Cayenne and Macan in all their sub-versions.
I will load the latest firmware available, and as new versions of the firmware are made available the tool can be upgraded easily. This will allow it to work on new models beyond 2016.

This new tool will be sold for $250.00.
I think I'll call it the TechnOBD-II Diagnostic Tool.

I am now putting together the first order and would like to know how many of you would be interested.
Please e-mail me (Orders@PedrosGarage.com) if interested so that you don't miss out.
I'll need a firm order - no promises.
Please include your name, shipping and/or billing address, telephone number and credit card info.
If you prefer to call in your credit card number feel free to call me at 954-385-0330.
For those who pre-order before 3/10/16, your price will be $199.99.

Happy ordering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
Re: Very cool thumbs up Pix?
db997S - 8 years ago
Burg, you've obviously never spoken to my wife about cars. She loves her Prius and thinks it's sporty and cool.
Mrs. db997S is loverly but I'm more certain she and I would not get along past courteous pleasantries winking smiley

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
… as you can see, it's very comfortable to grab with one hand.

[i.imgsafe.org]

Above you can see the first screen which is the quick reset screen

The next screens show the vehicle menus

[i.imgsafe.org]

[i.imgsafe.org]

Finally you can see unit with it's carrying case which also includes cables, instruction book and firmware update card reader.
A vehicle key is shown for size comparison. Key not included.

[i.imgsafe.org]

Happy Ordering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 04:08PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
Macan is not supported on the current firmware version, but I've been told that it is being added and will be available on a near-future version.

As of now the vehicles that are covered are:
Boxster 986, 987 and 981
Carrera 964(some) , 993, 996 (incl. GT2 and GT3), 997 and 991
Carrera GT
Cayenne 9PA, 92A
Cayman 987 and 981
Panamera 970

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Pedro, will this perform the EPB functions I posted in the For 981 DIY'ers thread, i.e. put the EPB in the service position and enable the "grinding in the parking brake shoes" function.
Awesome
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
Not too thrilled about the spelling of the 981 model but this looks like a great tool in a very convenient form factor.
Pedro,
So this tool will essentially do what the Durametric tool does, only without the need of a PC, and not limited to the number of vehicles it can be used on. Is this correct?
… still trying to understand all of the capabilities of the system but from what I've seen so far and the willingness of the development staff to work with us and fix software and firmware glitches and issues I'm very impressed and happy.
It will do everything and maybe more than what the Durametric software does, in a self-contained package and without limit to the number of vehicles where it can be used on.
Although a PC is not needed for normal use, it is required to download firmware upgrades. I suppose that I could mail an upgraded card in case that someone doesn't have access to a Windows-based PC.
I will be expanding on the capabilities and options on my website after we get the initial offer done.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

against the Durametric would be really helpful.

Also a discussion of the ability to export screens so that they could be posted to forums for expert analysis. That is one advantage of the PC based configuration I can see.
… I will be placing the order today, so if you've been thinking about it, this is it.
Let me know before 3:00 PM today.
Thanks to those who did place their orders. You will have your units soon.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login