Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Manufacturers actually listening to some of us "experienced" drivers, who enjoy being engaged in their driving.

After sounding like Porsche would soon be going totally automatic, Porsche actually listened to the customers and sent manual only Spyders and Cayman GT4's scurrying out of Stuttgart.

Now, Jaguar has followed suit, adding a manual to the F-type. It's a step in the right direction for the driving enthusiast. According to the author, it's not as precise as the Porsche manual, but he liked it better than the automatic.
[www.automobilemag.com]

So what's next? Here's an idea Porsche. How about adding a 718 Boxster GTS with a NA flat six to the lineup. Who knows, maybe someone in Stuttgart already thought of that.
… by definition, you can't have a flat-6 Porsche 718….
But they could drop in a flat-8 and still call it a 718!
Happy Wishing,
Pedro

Guenter in Ontario
How about adding a 718 Boxster GTS with a NA flat six to the lineup. Who knows, maybe someone in Stuttgart already thought of that.

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
… by definition, you can't have a flat-6 Porsche 718….
But they could drop in a flat-8 and still call it a 718!
Happy Wishing,
Pedro

Guenter in Ontario
How about adding a 718 Boxster GTS with a NA flat six to the lineup. Who knows, maybe someone in Stuttgart already thought of that.

If by definition a 718 can only have a flat four, than you shouldn't be able add a turbo to it either. The real 718 didn't have a turbo, AC, electric stresring and the long list of other things the 982 has. To me using the 718 designation is just a marketing ploy that doesn't make much sense to me. Logically, they should have given it a number that hadn't been used before, How about 811 if it has to be below the 911.

Like the Boxster, they didn't try to call it a 550, even though they linked that as its heritage.

Just my $0.02 worth.
… (turbos aside) a 718 could have a flat-4 or a flat-8, never had a flat-6.
I agree that the 718 m moniker is a marketing ploy.
I think that iconic badges, such as the 550, 718, 917, etc. should be retired just as they retire special numbers on sports teams (i.e. Miami Dolphins' #13).
They should start with a fresh new number and then try to make that one the next icon.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login