Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hello everyone,

I am a relative new Boxster owner and live in the Atlanta, GA. area. I would like to meet and ride with like minded people from around Atlanta on an informal basis. Anyone interested please let me know.

Currently my Boxster is in the shop for new brakes, rotors, all fluids changed, all filters changed, Air/ Oil separator, new tires, new crankshaft seal, something called boots, plugs, wires, main bearing seal and a good tune-up.

Hopefully I'll have Black Beauty back in a few days as my son is doing all of the work. He works for a Porsche Performance shop.

Take care,

Marika
I'd suggest joining your local Porsche Club of America chapter. They do some fun events, at least in DC they do, and there are usually monthly breakfasts and/or coffees that include drives. Oh, and depending on where you get your car serviced, many places provide a 10% discount on parts to PCA members. Could end up paying for itself for years with one issue.
... plus lots of less low-key but tremendously fin things like Autocrosses.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I am up in Peachtree Corners - OTP.

Don't know if you are interested at all in Porsche history. I will be attending this event at the new Porsche NA Headquarters:

On Saturday, April 2, Porsche Cars North America will host the Ingram family and friends at One Porsche Drive to show our support and appreciation for their loving dedication to preserving and sharing the iconic Porsche heritage. Sign up and bring your Porsche along for a casual show and shine with friends and coffee before moving inside The Porsche Experience Center Heritage Gallery. Here you will be able to view the latest exhibit "911 Evolution Sport" featuring rare Porsche vehicles from the Ingram Collection. Then, during a panel discussion and Q&A with our special guests, you will hear exciting Porsche stories, learn more about the marque and discuss the hobby of racing, restoring, and collecting as the pages of Porsche Unexpected: Discoveries in Collecting come alive. If you do not already own a copy, you will have the opportunity to purchase one and have it personalized post-discussion.

Bring out your Porsche, meet our special honored guests, enjoy viewing the rare 911s on exhibit and have fun with friends inside the new home of Porsche in America, One Porsche Drive.

Space is extremely limited as only 250 registration spots are available (must RSVP for OPD Security Gate entry).

Note: This is not an event in association with the Peachstate Region PCA. Peachstate Region PCA is only handling the administration/registration of this event for PCNA.

Please register online at ClubRegistration using the following link:

[clubregistration.net]

Registration for this event will open Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:00 am Eastern. There is a $20 per person registration fee for this event.

AGENDA:

7:30 am - 9:00 am Porsche Kaffeeklatsch (display your own Porsche with coffee provided)

9:30 am - 10:30 am Panel Discussion and Q&A inside the PEC Heritage Galley - Floor B1; Led by Bill Warner, Founder and Chairman of Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

10:30 am - 11:15 am Book sales and signing, Porsche Unexpected: Discoveries in Collecting. Porsche Unexpected will be available for purchase on-site during this time ($100 cash or credit card)
Da Rulez
JackintheBoxster - 8 years ago
Welcome to our group. Here is the slightly updated version of my periodic post on being on this board:
1. All things Porsche are inherently better than any other car brand. We all know that we’d rather have a clapped-out, barely running ’97 Boxster than a pristine Aston Martin or Ferrari because, well, it’s a Porsche.
2. Boxsters are really the only true Porsche, with their mid-engine, original layout. Not like those vulgar 911s.
3. At the same time, we know that all Porsche owners are a discerning lot and that if we have that battered old ’97 Boxster, we know that the owner of a track-prepped 911 Turbo or a perfectly restored 356 with original factory stickers will find a kinship with us rather than someone with a mint-condition XKE or pristine Hudson Hornet.
4. There is no subject to trivial to raise on this board if it pertains to Porsche. If you have a slow day at work, try asking the board what kind of tissue they use to clean their sunglasses before they drive. The discussion will go on for days.
5. This is a great place to get solid information on repairs and maintenance. If you ask for advice on which model of something is better, don’t be surprised, in the case of Porsches, of getting long answers that in the end tell you all Porsches are great, whatever you pick you’ll be happy with. Other people have to kill time at work too.
6. If you’re really bored and can’t figure out a question to ask to start a discussion, ask which is a better watch to wear while driving. Most of us (male) board members have always had active fantasy lives and can argue forever over the relative merits of the Rolex Submariner, which was the watch James Bond never wore in the Ian Fleming books, and the Omega Speedmaster, which they wore when they faked the Moon landing.
7. Don’t try humor. It doesn’t work on this board. Someone will get offended.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I'm offended.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Da Rulez
Gary in SoFL - 8 years ago
dennisafrompa
I'm offended.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That is VERY easily accomplished, as I recall. drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I guess I will join the PCA if I can't find any other people in the Atlanta area. Truly I would prefer to ride with a few folks on an informal basis. Don't care if they are male or female.

I work in an all male environment (sheet metal) and don't get offended easily.
… there is a great group of Porsche drivers in Atlanta.
I'm sure a few will pop up and welcome you as well.
They do have some fantastic driving routes. I know, I've driven with them.
A bunch of them will be attending the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit at the end of May.
[www.brbs.org]
You may want to consider attending yourself.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Marika58
Hello everyone,

I am a relative new Boxster owner and live in the Atlanta, GA. area. I would like to meet and ride with like minded people from around Atlanta on an informal basis. Anyone interested please let me know.

Take care,

Marika

I still have a house in Atlanta and spend some time there, although I try to spend as much time as possible in NC (Cashiers). The best driving roads in Georgia are in the NC mountains 0 only about 2 1/2 hours from the perimeter.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login