Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Oh so close...
MarcW - 8 years ago
Just "tenths" (of a mile) away from the big 300,000!

Tomorrow I need to swing by the dealer to see about getting the car in for its 300,000 mile service. By the time I get it to the dealer it will 300,001 and on its way to the 2nd 300K miles.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Wow, I just have 205,000 to go on the Cayman.
and pulled a few car lengths forwards to park in front of the leasing office to run in and collect my mail.

Afterwards I headed towards the street. Total distance covered around 10 or 12 car lengths. At the street glanced at the odometer and it had reached the 300K mile mark.

Stopped at the dealer to book the car in for its 300,000 mile service. Initially I was going to have beside the oil/filter and engine/cabin air filters done I was going to have the spark plugs, coils and O2 sensors replaced. SM said as long as there were no error codes pointing to these items: plugs, coils, O2 sensors; he believes their replacement is not necessary. There aren't error codes. So, he talked me out of it.

He's going to look up when the brake/clutch fluid was last flushed/bled and the plugs changed and when the tranny/diff fluid was last changed and if any of these services are due or close to being due to let me know so I can add them to the list.

Half joking I asked if he could provide me with a loaner car. Something expensive and fast. While he says he would be happy to oblige the GM probably not. But he may have a loaner with a PDK transmission so I can get some experience with a PDK. My last loaner was a diesel Cayenne with a Tip. Nice but I want to spend some time in a PDK equiipped car. If I don't get a loaner it is no big deal, I have my backup car.

Oh, got an early peek at a new 2017 911. Color is Miami blue. (Nice color.) 3.0l 420hp/368lb ft of torque twin turbo charged flat 6. 368lb ft is flat from 1700 RPMs to around 5000 RPMs. SM said he was in Atlanta a while back and test drove some demo examples. He was impressed with the car's performance. But oh the price: $135K. Ouch. Out of my league.
Re: Oh so close...
BarryL - 8 years ago
That is awesome, Marc!

I just hit the 200,000 mark this last week. I have not been on this site for awhile and it is great to come back and see that you are still here.

Barry (Santa Cruz)

2002 Seal Grey 2.7 Base Tip
200,187 miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login