Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
G-Man may need keep his 981 even longer than he planned....

Or bite the bullet, and buy the 718 he's been researching so thoughtfully winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL

Or bite the bullet, and buy the 718 he's been researching so thoughtfully winking smiley

G-Man is definitely going with option 1. (And, that was the plan when I bought my 981S)

That's why I bought the car I did, when I did. The wirting was on the wall, as I had predicted.

Pedro's gone 200 K miles and there's Marc W, just crossing the 300 K mi. mark with his.

As I indicated earlier, the experience I had with the EcoBoost Mustang. It was a nice car to drive. When driving for the pure enjoyment of the driving experience, I want more than "nice". I want excitement, a thrill when I start the car and for the experience to get even better when the drive gets underway. I want a sense of disappointment when a drive is over. I've got the car that will do just that for me.

The 718? It might have better numbers than the 981, but, like paint by numbers, it leaves me cold. Gone is the Symphony in Flat Six. Replaced by the soulful oboe quartet playing the tune of lost passion. What a shame what Porsche has been forced to do to the car that saved the company.
Guenter in Ontario
Gary in SoFL

G-Man is definitely going with option 1. (And, that was the plan when I bought my 981S)

That's why I bought the car I did, when I did. The wirting was on the wall, as I had predicted.

Pedro's gone 200 K miles and there's Marc W, just crossing the 300 K mi. mark with his.

As I indicated earlier, the experience I had with the EcoBoost Mustang. It was a nice car to drive. When driving for the pure enjoyment of the driving experience, I want more than "nice". I want excitement, a thrill when I start the car and for the experience to get even better when the drive gets underway. I want a sense of disappointment when a drive is over. I've got the car that will do just that for me.

The 718? It might have better numbers than the 981, but, like paint by numbers, it leaves me cold. Gone is the Symphony in Flat Six. Replaced by the soulful oboe quartet playing the tune of lost passion. What a shame what Porsche has been forced to do to the car that saved the company.

Your analogy is spot on;"oboe quartet playing the tune of lost passion"--I got a chuckle out of that one.
Each oboe sadly out of tune, suffering with a splintered reeds.
Gary in SoFL

Although this four-door 6-series Gran Coupe could hardly be called a 'sports car', there's something about this review which quickens my pulse.... even though I understand not one word being spoken.

[www.youtube.com]
Roger987
Gary in SoFL

Although this four-door 6-series Gran Coupe could hardly be called a 'sports car', there's something about this review which quickens my pulse.... even though I understand not one word being spoken.

[www.youtube.com]

I don't know, Roger. Your Russian must be rustier than mine. winking smiley Who says that certain things don't sell?
Guenter in Ontario
Roger987
Gary in SoFL

[www.youtube.com]

I don't know, Roger. Your Russian must be rustier than mine. winking smiley Who says that certain things don't sell?

Surprised you didn't post this one

[www.youtube.com]

You know, something tells me she had no love for the 986, though sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login