Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Got soaked there* in '69. Anyway, what a nice drive, mixing local roads and the Thruway, with glorious flat-six 3.4 sounds filling the cabin!

* Yasgur's field, many miles from the town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 02:36PM by Laz. (view changes)
You are stardust, you are golden............
Saw that Santana performance, and saw Cream in '68 at MSG... and Blind Faith there in '69.
You've been livin' the dream.
I've watched that Soul Sacrifice clip dozens of times. The 20 year old kid on the drums, wow!
grc0456
I've watched that Soul Sacrifice clip dozens of times. The 20 year old kid on the drums, wow!

Almost gives you goose-bumps, doesn't it.

I can't help but wonder whether he had any idea, at the time, just how monumental that event was. At 20 years of age, there he was, playing like nobody's business, part of a concert brimming with musicians (and, in a sense, magicians) who were, or became, absolute legends.

Here's Mike Shrieve, 40 years later:

[www.youtube.com]
Oh, cool. I had forgotten his name. The story is something like the regular drummer got sick, and this kid practically got plucked out of the audience (not really) and went up on stage and played like that in front of a half million people. Incredible! Great to see that he is still playing. Thanks, Roger!
Roger987
Almost gives you goose-bumps, doesn't it.

no. not almost. total goosebumps. wow. THAT was music. not like today's groups that do gymnastics on stage and nobody's playing an instrument. or rap. ok, i'm a moldy fig.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
... yes we are!

Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 11:52PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)

Great vid. Saw Santana last month in concert @ Maui Cultural Center in the amphitheater. Fabulous venue with the West Maui Mts. in the background. His wife (Cindy Blackman) is his drummer & she is unbelievable. Carlos is as good as ever...real time warp... reminds me of reading week 1970 heading down to Lauderdale on I75 in my '69 Dodge Dart GT conv. (4-speed pistol grip Hurst shifter) top down, "Soul Sacrifice, Evil Ways, Black Magic Woman blaring away on the 8-track

Carlos played for 2.5 hrs. without a break. The haze hanging over the venue just added to the ambience. Ah, the sweet smell of pineapplescool smiley

I'll be cueing up Santana on my ipod for the trek down to BRBS in less than 2 months.

Only spotted 1 981 Boxster while in Maui for 16 days...spotted a beautiful 356 & good looking red 968 cab.
Laz
Got soaked there* in '69. Anyway, what a nice drive, mixing local roads and the Thruway, with glorious flat-six 3.4 sounds** filling the cabin!

* Yasgur's field, many miles from the town.

**...and they'll be appreciated even more from now on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login