Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I live in Richmond BC Canada and just purchased a 1999 Boxster and I am loving it! The one problem is it has badly burned out lens in both headlights. After searching many parts suppliers I have found a wide range of prices for different years. My question. Will a 2003 headlight assembly fit my 1999 Boxster? The $$ difference is about $300 per side. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
The (halogen) headlights from 1997 through 2004 are interchangeable.
There are also aftermarket units available.
Finally, you can rebuild the existing (burnt) ones and convert them into projector headlights.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro

A pretty steep learning curve and I appreciate pedrosboard and al, the other contributors! Just saved me a pile of cash!!

Bernie
Looked at you reply and am not that good a mechanic! Found a Hella Xenon headlight assembly online and are more than likely going to get them. My question now is the Headlight Corner Trim. I assume I should get the clear ones but all say "Only for Cars with Halogen Headlights" will these work? Here are the links to both the assembly and the trim. will both of these fit and work together?

Assembly HELLA 010054031 & HELLA 010054041
[www.rockauto.com]

Trim Automotive Lighting Headlight Corner Trim - Left Part Number: 137-08001429
[www.partsgeek.com]

Thanks again for the help
Most notably, the later year ones don't have an amber lens.
Before you make a decision see if you can find a set of used litronic headlights. Litronics use HID xenon gas technology. The appearance and function are superior to the stock halogen headlights.

Here's a post I put on another board describing how I refurbished a set for my car: Refurbishing used litronic headlights

If you want to really get to know your car, you can also retrofit the self-leveling function that was included with the factory option.Self Leveling
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login