Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Re: smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley grinning smiley
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Gone on a hot-dog run. Might forget to buy the hotdogs, but WILL remember to turn on the PSE. winking smiley
Re: smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley grinning smiley
Guenter in Ontario - 8 years ago
Hot dog? ...not this time. Just enjoying a first start of the season. Slide behind the wheel. Do up the seatbelt. Insert the key and watch the instruments light up. Relish the moment. Turn the key. VROOOM ...the old fashioned NA orchestra springs to life. Back it out of the garage. Lower the roof. Engage PSE. Run through the gauge readings. Change the clock to daylight savings. Sun is shining above. The crisp 40 F makes you feel alive. ....and it's off for the first drive to get everything warmed up. It's a full 20 minutes before the oil reaches operating temperature. Time to bring the full orchestra into play. And, play it does. The Symphony in Flat Six. What a fabulous piece of music to accompany you though some curves. Just taking it fairly easy right now. pavement is still pretty cold.

Those of us who have them are really lucky.

Life is good. cool smiley
+1
MikenOH - 8 years ago
Drove the car down to Columbus yesterday and opened it up a bit on the way home--wow, after 5 months of not driving it, the Boxster feels like a new car.

After driving the Mustang for 5 months, the difference in power and noise is amazing: the BS has great throttle response even with small inputs and the stock exhaust is amazing. Different cars for sure--weight/gearing especially--but the exhaust note in the Boxster stirs the emotions the way that just can't be duplicated with a turbo 4.

Looks like the weather is finally turning in our way, Guenter--sun and warmer temps for the next few weeks.
Re: +1
Guenter in Ontario - 8 years ago
MikenOH

Looks like the weather is finally turning in our way, Guenter--sun and warmer temps for the next few weeks.

It sure is, even up here. Could hit 50 F today and 70 F Sunday!!!!!!!!! - then back to more normal temps.

Made us decide to stretch the CURVEN8R's legs and head to Hershey for the Swap meet this weekend. smiling smiley Never been before. I get to enjoy Porsche eye candy, my wife will get to enjoy some Hershey chocolate. Toss in sunny and warm weather, it's a win - win - win!!
Petee_C - 8 years ago
Put road insurance on mine, sticker and pulled it out of the garage. Parked it in the sun for 15 Min's while letting the extra winter psi out of the tires. Let the engine idle for a few minutes to circulate the oil around, put the top down and took my son to tryouts in town.

Drove wonderfully.

Peter
Heidelberg, Ontario
Tweety - 8 years ago
I envy you guys.

My car is still in Florida where it was for the winter and I can't get down to bring it back to Canada for a couple of weeks.

Finally the good weather is here and I am driving an Acura.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login