Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Informative.
Laz - 8 years ago
Well produced amateur video. I think the wide angle view during the "drag race" sequences exaggerates the acceleration differential. Also, would the 991.2 have been even faster without the rear passenger?
The 991.2 does not sound bad at all--I'm thinking the difference is that it's still a 6 cylinder with a blower vs. the 718---a 4 banger with a blower.

The acceleration tests--what was the starting speed? what gear were both cars in? I was surprised the turbo pulled away as quickly as it did making me wonder about those questions
I agree about the sound - that the .2 sounded quite decent, and that's probably because it's a 6 cylinder. The sound inside the cabin was much like the .1. Outside, the turbo was audible, but I didn't mind it.

The acceleration - I can't help but think that the .1 was in the wrong (too low) gear. In the second comparison, the .1 appeared to be in a more appropriate gear. No question, with the low rpm high torque, the .2 doesn't require the driver to select the 'right' gear. But, for me, manually selecting the right gear is part of the fun.
Is it true the 991.2 pipes in exhaust sound electronically through the speakers like BMW M models?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login