Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I come here, it's front and center. I'm tired of having to scroll down to get to something new to discuss. It's not the topic, it's just that it never goes away. I think it's good, everytime somebody responds to a thread, it pops up top, but the down side is, it never seems to die. Maybe put a time limit for how long it pops to the top. Maybe three days and then after that, it stays put and people have to scroll down and search for it. Also, it makes it seem as though the board is never updated and old. If you just came to it, you'd see the first post as being from a Sunday and here it is a Friday. You'd think, "man, this board is stale, not active, I'm out of here."

Just a thought.
you can turn floating threads off
Steve (Morro Bay) - Friday, 18 February, 2011, at 1:46:38 pm
I think that makes it so that the threads show up chronologically.
The downside of the no floating threads approach is that an important update ...say after someone who asked a question than did some investigation and the fix worked out but only after a few days reports the fix...would escape your notice.

Re the thread you are mentioning...just don't read or respond to it. It takes a couple of page-downs but you'll get to the new threads and eventually that long thread will die.
I think this would make the perfect reply, "We thank you for inquiring about this subject please find a sumation at " [sites.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login