Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I'm about to sell my 3rd and current 2000 Boxster in Honolulu prior to moving back to the east coast. It just isn't worth the cost to ship a 16 year old car back... I wish to replace it with a 2008 or later model. I've located a 2010 with 64k miles, Tip and the nav / bluetooth package in the color I want for $29k. The dealer selling it has sent me the pre-buy inspection done by the local Porsche dealer, and it looks G2G.

$29 is just below both the KBB and Edmunds TMV. These values are often close for newer Boxsters (meaning they often go for close to the dealer asking price).

I won't be on the east coast for another 3 weeks...what do you guys think? anyone in the Richmond area who could take a peek?
Chris-Check your PM
Thanks to all of you who went by and looked at this. all of you noted the paint chips and the odd clanking sound on start-up. That, plus the 60k+ miles worried me. I looked at it last weekend....not a normal sound on cold start. Wound up buying a 2009 base. I mean base...no wind screen, loop inserts and that terrible base sound system. But I can fix all of that...

What a great community when 5 boarders respond to a "can you guys check this car out" THANKS!!
Visibly looking at a car is really not all that useful unless you have it on a lift and know what to look for, including teltale signs of repairs.

The fact that you have a PPI from a **different** dealer is helpful. Do they have any service records?

Do you get any warranty?

The good news is that at 64k its a driver.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login