Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Dan is one of my favorite automotive writers--funny, knowledgeable and a real car guy; the Cascada apparently did not hit the mark for him and he didn't hold anything back.

[www.google.com]
grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley
Guenter in Ontario - 7 years ago
That's just the read I needed on this rainy chilly morning.

Brought back memories of our Hawaii trip when he talked about the other car at that price point, the Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium, all hopped up on 310-hp. The exact car we got on special on our trip. Sometimes is seemed like every 3rd of 4th car we saw was one of these Mustangs convertibles.

Have to admit I'd never heard of the Cascada before. Sounds like they're mostly limited to senior living areas in Florida and Arizona. I guess up here in Canada, we're too youthful for GM to market the car here. smiling smiley
Maybe GM will be able to sell some of them to their target market. But still... why build a POS car when they can do so much better? Are the bean counters back in charge again?

While reading that article, I clicked on a link to this interesting review of the Targa, now equipped with the flat-6 Turbo.

[www.wsj.com]
Roger987
Maybe GM will be able to sell some of them to their target market. But still... why build a POS car when they can do so much better? Are the bean counters back in charge again?

While reading that article, I clicked on a link to this interesting review of the Targa, now equipped with the flat-6 Turbo.

[www.wsj.com]

A good read on the Targa; BTW the Hwy mileage went up from 26 to 28 mpg with the turbo. Not exactly a quantum breakthrough.
The following quote is originally from official Porsche, but since I couldn't locate what I had seen back in 2012, here's the purported quote as copied from a Rennlist post:
"Research shows that a car drives in a straight line 90 percent of the time. That inspired Porsche to develop a new electromechanical power-steering system for the new 911. In place of a conventional hydraulic steering pump, which constantly demands a portion of the engine’s power, this system employs an electric motor that uses energy only when the steering wheel is actually turned."
Here's a link to the thread. Only the original post is significant:
[rennlist.com]
I couldn't locate the Evo article, either, but again, I saw something plausible about the minute fuel consumption savings somewhere.
"These things are retirement-village Lamborghinis."

"The Cascada comes off the line like an arthritic bloodhound comes off the couch when called—painfully, noisily, yet eager to please."

i have never heard of nor seen this car either. in the photos it doesn't look too bad. maybe i can pick one up used in a few years. i've always wanted a lamborghini. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
frogster
"These things are retirement-village Lamborghinis."

"The Cascada comes off the line like an arthritic bloodhound comes off the couch when called—painfully, noisily, yet eager to please."

i have never heard of nor seen this car either. in the photos it doesn't look too bad. maybe i can pick one up used in a few years. i've always wanted a lamborghini. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I suppose if we stick around long enough, a Radio Flyer wagon could suit as our flashy ride. "Hey, babe, wanna go cruisin' in my red Lamboghini? Had mine custom-built to get rid of those fussy Lambo doors, so just slide on in, nice and close, like."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login