Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Here's a counterpoint: I love the Porsche flat four turbo's, the flat six turbos, the 'shooting brake', the big SUV, the little SUV, the GT4, the 911R. For g*d sakes, at least Porsche is changing and evolving and trying something different. Set the wayback machine to 1993 when Porsche was selling 14000 units world wide and on the brink of bankruptcy. I for one applaud Porsche innovation and willingness to change and adapt, otherwise the brand would likely be relegated among the likes of Edsel, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac. So please remember this little history lesson before yearning for the 'good 'ole days'...

Besides, "'tomorrow' is the only thing we have to look forward to"...

- JohnL
Boston
... you forgot the PDK!
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
also let's not forget.

I know that Pedro has one of these posters hidden away just because of the colour. winking smiley

Pedro, like the rest of us, is just an Amish kid at heart.

[www.youtube.com]
Whatever they need to do...lots of new models racer wanna be's may take umbrage with, option pricing that brings tears to reasonable cost accountants eyes, and even the 718 (YUCK) that will eventually appeal to many young, non sports car enthusiasts. drinking smiley

We do have a few 'moldy old figs" around here, who write as if they are racers, but never drive their cars hard, in the rain, or track them. I've driven behind one such person several times at BRBS, BUT I'm not naming names. cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Concur....
dennisafrompa - 7 years ago
...without the wide model range our sport cars might have been history.
"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
Did you just call my wife a nobody? She loves her Prius and in the next year or so will probably be on her third. She calls it sporty, so I imagine she thinks it pretty cool, too.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 10:19AM by Laz. (view changes)

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
The ubiquitous relatively affordable sports cars of my youth (the 60s and 70s) -- MGs, Triumphs, Alpines, Austin Healys are all gone. Porsche and Mazda are, I think, the only companies filling that niche and if Porsche needs to build a station wagon so it can produce a Boxster/Cayman for those of us who prefer them or who are not in the luxo-911 market, I say go ahead.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
Well said, John.
Roger987 - 7 years ago
You're absolutely correct - had Porsche not be able to adapt and innovate, the company would be gone, and with it, the sports cars we love.

While I've lamented the sound made by the flat-4, I realize Porsche had little choice but to move in that direction. I feel fortunate to be driving any Porsche, and even more lucky to be driving a Boxster with a NA flat 6. But I have no doubt I'd be happy to own and drive a 781S, too.
Besides, "'tomorrow' is the only thing we have to look forward to"...

But the scenery only changes for the lead dog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login