Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My CajitaBlanca's ('01-986S) Litronic low beam (D2S) driver's side xenon bulb has given up the ghost--all other lights work as advertised. When low beams are selected, driver's side flickers once or twice, then remains out. As mentioned, no other lighting problems,

Somehow, somewhere along the way, I have misplaced my mechanical genius when changing a lightbulb... Sounds easy enough, but I can't seem to extract the (bayonet lock) retaining ring with ease--most frustrated at this point. Oh, BTW, removing the housing went well-no problems... thanks to the archived posts and some online videos. With a bit more patience and luck, I anticipate the housing re-install to go well (he says, hopefully).

Posting these pics of the bulb's posterior position within the headlamp housing. Could anyone shed some light in removing the complicated-looking, circular retaining ring to remove/replace the D2S bulb? I've pushed, pulled and turned everything in sight, and thus far, I've managed not to damage any components or the environment.

TIA~ Frank... seriously missing the serviceability of yesteryear's motor cars ;-)

CajitaBlanca~

D2S xenon bulb:

Bulbs-new/old:

Bayonet lock bulb retainer:

'01 boxster s, biarritz white/metropol blue, 123,456 smiles...
Manual says to turn the bayonet lock counter clockwise.

Steve

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Thanks, but I tried that before... still to no avail. The bayonet lock retainer won't budge at all... turned CC, pushed in & turned CC--no luck. There's only a miniscule amount of play between the ring lock and bulb. I've read there was considerable difficulty on this removal procedure (on a Benz forum). Seems there's a small tab that had to be pried out of the way, but I sure don't see anything that can be pried without causing damage to the ring. Not much room in there....

'01 boxster s, biarritz white/metropol blue, 123,456 smiles...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login