Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
thoughts?

It will take a while to hit its stride, but i liked the fact that they didn't try to be the old TopGear - different people different show.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
But that is good news. The old show was great in large part because of the people.
The new one is more about cars, i think. Yes, its stil TG... but different. I'm wondering what others think.

G

Grant

And also the short piece on Sabine. The rest of it wasn't that compelling. I had read a review that mentioned that Chris Harris was shouting all the time - and I agree with that. He needs to tone down the enthusiasm a bit. I actually thought Matt LeBlanc did a good job. Overall, I thought it was good, not great. I will continue watching....... for now.
Chris seems to be tryign too hard (hey, its a very new angle for him), while Matt seemed to be more toned down and subtly funny (more british ironically)

Grant

I don't have a TV so haven't seen the new Top Gear but the few times I managed to see the orignal Top Gear show I liked it. I have some Top Gear DVDs that came with some UK car magazines I purchased that I enjoyed watching. They contain "races" Top Gear engaged in that are fun.
Here's one:

"The 48-year-old former Friends actor co-presents the motoring show with British host Chris Evans, with the first episode of the rebooted programme airing on Sunday (29May16). While the new version received mixed reviews from fans, Matt's presenting style was one thing that was widely praised.
And according to The Sun newspaper, television bosses are now desperate to convince the star to return to helm the show for a second series.

Then three's this, whcih is actually thoughtful - although still not a rave:

"The Sun review was a little more critical, saying: "If you hadn't seen the old version, BBC2 would have a perfectly serviceable new motoring show on their hands". Like every genius Twitter philosopher is pointing out, the Top Gear helmed by Jeremy Clarkson wasn't so great when it first debuted. The three hosts signed a deal for three seasons of twelve episodes each."

Like i said, they need to find their way.

Apparently the old trio has been signed by .... Amazon

G

Grant

You looked forward not just to the cars, but the dynamics between Clarkson, May and Hammond. That will never be replicated. This "new" Top Gear will only survive if its audience "likes" the hosts.

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
You can see it on demand from Comcast.

It was so so. Tough act to follow. The new Chris Evens (not Chris Harris) host is a bit to over the top and shouts. Matt LeBlanc was a nice surprise... I wanted to dislike him as I hated that insipid Friends show but Matt was very good.... He is nice solid anchor with a clever wit.

The vette / viper bit was so bizarrely, fast-cut edited that I could not follow what was really happening (maybe nothing!).

Did you catch Sabine's comment on Vette suspension? She said it was "sh*t" just like Ferrari. FYI, she is a races Porsche cars.

I am looking forward to improvement.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login