Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Oh, boy--I guess this had to happen; AWD coupe with 400HP:
[petroleyum.com]
Now, they just have to make it in a cabriolet drinking smiley

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
I'm not a mechanical expert, but I'd think it would be a pretty darn complex AWD design to get power routed from the transmission, through the engine, to the front wheels. It's obviously "simpler" with the engine behind the transmission in the 911 setup.
yes, I agree, but
grant - 7 years ago
its a typical problem (in reverse) for most RWD sedans that are adapted.
I can;t recall which make it is, but one of the big ones has the driveshaft go through a clearance tunnel in the oil pan.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Guenter in Ontario
I'm not a mechanical expert, but I'd think it would be a pretty darn complex AWD design to get power routed from the transmission, through the engine, to the front wheels. It's obviously "simpler" with the engine behind the transmission in the 911 setup.

Was thinking the same thing--front driveshaft,front differential, etc...

Here's the R8 setup:
[www.caricos.com]

Another look:
[www.audi-technology-portal.de]

Looks like a three piece driveshaft, with a pretty thin shaft coming out of the transaxle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2016 08:51AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
One other problem with the AWD is, as Grant puts it, that it does not add lightness to the car.
Looks nice, with the exception of the Camaro tail lights, but why keep the TT as there doesn't seem much difference in the low-end engines.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login