Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This year, my wife had a few extra days of holiday, so we decided to spend 3 days driving to BRBS, pretty much shunpiking the whole way. We made our way to Front Royal, VA and took Skyline Drive through Shenandoah NP, in mostly sunshine this year.

One of the overlooks.

Three generations of Boxsters getting close to Little Switzerland along US 221, just one of the many fabulous Boxster Roads in NC.

One of the activities, we chose was a winery tour. This was a pit stop near Lake Lure, along the way to the winery.

Ended up at the Burnshirt Winery for wine tasting and lunch.

Another day, as our activity, we chose a hike from the top of Mount Mitchelle, highest peak in the Appalachian Mountains to the peak of Mount Craig.

Along the 1.25 mi. trail

Headed back to Little Switzerland along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

As always, BRBS is a terrific gathering with lots of great driving roads and people to meet.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: BRBS 2016
BLKBOXS - 7 years ago
Great Pics Guenter. Thank you for sharing!!!thumbs up

MIKELLIG
Getting ready to drop into the first zip.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
grc0456 - 7 years ago
The loyal subjects are always comforted by a smooth transition of ruling power...........
Shunpike

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
grant
Shunpike

My preferred routes.
… that you and Michelle were the Royal Couple.
Congrats, your Majesty.
Take care of that special scepter.
Happy Reigning,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Gary and Pedro.

...now if I can only come close to the scepter hack that King Pedro performed during his reign.... smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario
Thanks Gary and Pedro.

...now if I can only come close to the scepter hack that King Pedro performed during his reign.... smiling smiley

Contrads to the new Royals.....

After attending many years at BRBS in my Boxster, I purchased a 911. A few years later, I was crowned King. I pondered over the summer, winter and spring to come up with the hack. My hack was very complicated to do; but, worth the many hours of effort. When it was my turn to hand over the scepter to the incoming King, I walked up to the front of the room with a paper bag over the top on the scepter. I removed the bag and there was a meteor grey 997 just like my car. Some thought it was funny; but, many diehard Boxster fans boooooed me. Many folks thought I had remover the Boxster in favor of the 911. The hack was to installed a 911 on top of the scepter over the original Boxster. To please all, I removed the 911 and showed them the Boxster was still there under my 997.
Well played, Harvey!
Tweety - 7 years ago
Looks like a great experience. Thanks for sharing the photos.

My wife and I just picked up our Boxster recently and might try for the BBRS next year.
Tweety
Looks like a great experience. Thanks for sharing the photos.

My wife and I just picked up our Boxster recently and might try for the BBRS next year.

Looks like just your second post, Tweety. Welcome to Pedro's board.

We'd love to hear more about you and your Boxster. .....and oh yes. Pictures. We always like to see pictures of member's Boxsters.

As far as BRBS. I can just tell you that my wife and I went down just to check it out once 10 years ago and we haven't missed one since. It's a fabulous part of the country with terrific Boxster roads, great food and most of all great people.

...OK, now for those pictures. ;-)
grc0456 - 7 years ago
Looks like the Ontario caravan may get larger next year! And with a Canadian King and Queen to boot. Sounds like we'll all be drinking Tim Horton's soon, by royal decree
A little background about me. I am a mostly retired engineer living in Kitchener Ontario and have always enjoyed cars.

My first was a 57 VW that I bought from a pizza restaurant when it was ten years old. I had a few more VWs in the early years - 68 beetle, 68 Karman Gia convertible, a 73 Audi 100 and then a 76 Rabbit. The Rabbit experience drove me away from German cars as it was just terrible. But, I always lusted for a Porsche.

I later had the first Mazda RX7, but had to get rid of it when our second child was born. After that it was a series of ordinary cars as we raised our kids, paid for all the camps, tuition, and weddings. In the late 90's I considered buying an MG B but sanity prevailed and I bought a 99 Miata. I loved that car then bought the holy grail of Miatas - the 04 MazdaSpeed factory turbo and modified the intake and exhaust to get near 200 rwhp. I drove the 04 for 11 years and 150,000 trouble free kms but it was time to buy something else.

My wife and I wanted a better long distance touring car and the Boxster is perfect because it is much more comfortable and has twice the luggage capacity.

I was looking at used Boxsters, but the engine problems in the early models scared me off. I finally found this car in Saskatchewan last year with 5200 km on it and drove it back to Ontario. Its a base PDK and fairly heavily optioned.

Here are few photos:

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

[i1064.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 01:25PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Yup. That worked with the pictures. thumbs up

Great looking car. smiling smiley

Sent you a PM.
Tweety - 7 years ago
Thanks.

Yellow wasn't my first choice, but I really like it now.
grc0456 - 7 years ago
Roadsta? Wait, I thought you were from Ontario, not Boston confused smiley

Seriously, the car looks great! Miata's are terrific cars, but you've made a big step up with the Box. And trust me, with a wife, you're going to appreciate the two trunks, and the deep front one will really swallow quite a bit of stuff (used soft-sided or duffel type bags). Anything you need to keep cool, stow in the frunk (e.g. wine/beer in front - pizza in back).

Best of luck and hope to see you at BRBS2017.

Gary
db997S - 7 years ago
No make up/lipstick in the back trunk, either, or else the wife will sell the car without your knowledge and buy and SUV. It can get a bit toasty back there, especially on sunny, summer days.
Tweety - 7 years ago
Yes, I noticed the trunk is a good food oven!
ff42racer - 7 years ago
Time to have bumper plugs paint your license plate surround.
Crooster - 7 years ago
Welcome from another Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge board member. Hopefully we will meet up on a fun run, if not perhaps at BRBS 2017. We attended in 2014 and 2015 but sadly had to skip this year. Still heartbroken over that! I recognize Riverside Park in your photos!

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Tweety - 7 years ago
Hi Chris. A fun run would be great!

Are there any other people on this board who live near Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge?
Tweety
Hi Chris. A fun run would be great!

Are there any other people on this board who live near Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge?

Yes. BLKBOX
BLKBOXS - 7 years ago
ConGrats on the Royalness that was bestowed to you and Michelle. You both have always been the King and Queen of everything Porschesmiling bouncing smiley

Tweety and I met at Porsche London during the 911 unveiling...he just doesn't know my stage name!! Hopefully Tweety, you will sign up for some Porsche events...they fill up fast.

Last night my wife and I were out for a walk and I saw Boxster in my neighborhood I did not recognized....I walk faster to catch up to it (I could tell it had a PDK) and met a lovey couple who just got it a month ago. He was very exited about his Boxster so we had lots to speak about. The population of Porsches in the Kitchener Waterloo area are rising fast! My arm is getting quite the workout as we acknowledge our passion for these cars. (waving) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

MIKELLIG
Wish I could have been there for your greatest honor!!!!

Such a great time and so many memories from past event.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login